Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George

Dragon Slippers (edition 2007)

by Jessica Day George

6724014,252 (4.14)1 / 40
Member:gail208
Title:Dragon Slippers
Authors:Jessica Day George
Info:Bloomsbury USA Childrens (2007), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Jessica Day George, dragons, girls, fairy tales, children's, adventure, embroidery

Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George

Recently added bybooksniff, Mirandalg14, Zaffiro, private library, mollymortensen, CAMMD, JazMinderr

I really liked Dragon Slippers. Its a sweet quick read. ( )
  BookLoversLife | Apr 24, 2014 |
I enjoyed Jessica Day George's twelve dancing princess books so much that I felt a need to try her other novels, and I wasn't disappointed. This one starts with Creel's aunt trying to sacrifice her to a dragon as a ploy to attract a knight for a husband, but Creel decides instead to try to make a deal with the dragon and avoid anyone getting hurt. However, the deal she ends up making has some incredibly unexpected consequences...

Fun! Adventure! Girls and dragons as friends! It's exactly what I wanted. ( )
  terriko | Dec 7, 2013 |
  BRCSBooks | Nov 8, 2013 |
Dragons
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
fantasy
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Some secondary characters are rather flat and stereotypical, and a lot of details are tied up too neatly and quickly at the conclusion, but the plot is sound and well written.
added by Katya0133 | editSchool Library Journal, Amanda Raklovits (Oct 1, 2007)

The plot elements are sometimes awkwardly stitched together, but the exciting, fairy-tale action and vivid scenes, from glittering dragon cave to posh dress shop, are captivating.
added by Katya0133 | editBooklist, Gillian Engberg (May 15, 2007)

Not entirely original, but clever, well-plotted and good fun.
added by Katya0133 | editKirkus Reviews (May 1, 2007)

For Mikey, who has put up with an awful lot over the past nine years, but who never gave up on me or let me give up on myself.

And for the dragons.
It was my aunt who decided to give me to the dragon.

When Creel's aunt suggests that Creel sacrifice herself to the local dragon in order to be rescued by a knight in shining armor, Creel discovers that fairy tales don't always come true. Creel must use her ingenuity to escape the dragon, make her way to the king's city and establish herself. Soon she finds she holds the key to saving her kingdom from war . . . if she doesn't destroy it instead.

AR 5.7, 12 pts.

Orphaned after a fever epidemic, Creel befriends a dragon and unknowingly inherits an object that can either save or destroy her kingdom.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,152,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible