Tap, Tap by David Martin

Tap, Tap (1994)

by David Martin

1 (1) 33 (1) American fiction (1) basement (1) blood (1) boat (1) Box 25 (1) brother (1) captain (1) cruise (1) detective (1) doll (1) donated (1) ebook (1) eyes (1) favorite (1) fiction (10) HB (1) horror (7) MY (1) mystery (2) novel (2) snow (1) suspense (1) thriller (4) to-read (1) too creepy to finish (1) trailer (1) unread (1) vampires (4)

This book was a fascinating psychological thriller. At first I had a hard time getting into it for some reason,but when I got halfway through I literally couldn't put it down until I was finished. It also had a really twisted and shocking ending. Definitely very original. ( )
  angelfire2121 | Mar 14, 2013 |
It was so very disturbing, well at parts that is. Very well written. It had me laughing out loud so many times, thank god I was home when reading it. You know when watching a movie or tv show and something very disturbing or violently gross is shown and you can't look you need to turn away, interested yes so you look between fingers? Well I actually had to stop and look away while reading a certain scene in this book because the image in my head was so vived. This book was greatly written
  Frozeninside | Dec 30, 2009 |
Imagine a version of Alfred Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train in which Robert Walker suddenly sprouts fangs, or Interview With the Vampire reconceived as a pungent, contemporary dark comedy, and you may begin to get an idea of the contradictory pleasures of David Martin's new thriller Tap, Tap, a suspense/horror novel as peculiar as its title is evocative. Here's the clever setup: 36-year-old Roscoe Bird (nice, bright, good guy) and his wife, Marianne (nice, bright, grad student in psychology), are interrupted at home one evening by a knock (tap, tap) at their door. Their caller: Peter Tummelier, ''a short and slightly built man under (a) ridiculous homburg hat (with a) mouth so small and delicate as to be girlish.'' Their mistake: They invite him in.

Arabel, every way
Tap, tap.
I'm not insane.

A jet-black comedy about modern vampirism.
Moonlight on dewy grass Stalking death creeps tapping by Don't open the door (SomeGuyinVirginia)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312958358, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:17 -0400)

What if your best friend started killing your worst enemies? For Roscoe Bird, this nightmare becomes a reality when an old childhood friend comes knocking at his door. Peter Tummelier talks about past hurts and old enemies as if time has stood still. But when bodies start turning up, murdered in horrifying ways, suspicion is placed on Roscoe. And Roscoe knows the one person-the only person-who could have committed these deeds. But the question is why? How can he reach into the twisted depths of Peter's mind to understand his diabolical motives? And how can Roscoe clear his name as the prime suspect of the murders? But most of all, how can Roscoe avoid becoming Peter's next victim-the victim Peter has been waiting for...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,157,798 books! | Top bar: Always visible