Death Masks (The Dresden Files, Book 5) by…

Death Masks (The Dresden Files, Book 5) (edition 2013)

by Jim Butcher, Vincent Chong (Illustrator)

Member:donaldmcobb
Title:Death Masks (The Dresden Files, Book 5)
Authors:Jim Butcher (Author)
Other authors:Vincent Chong (Illustrator)
Info:Subterranean Press (2013), Edition: Limited Hardcover
Tags:Urban Fantasy, Signed, Subterranean Press

Death Masks by Jim Butcher

Recently added byprivate library, nielsnej, ruthkneale, akfair, wolface1

English (94)  German (1)  All languages (95)
I wasn't sold on the direction the love thread was taking, but after listening to this installment, I'm ALL IN. Same goes for the Knights; their holier-than-thou attitude would have tested my patience eventually, however in DEATH MASKS they demonstrate that they aren't 100% black or white either. The Archive was some freaky deaky sh*t which leads me to believe that Butcher has only dipped his big toe in this universe's scope. The punches kept on coming in book 5, and with so many secondary plots intertwining, the story left me reeling in the best kind of way. I don't know if I'll be able to focus on anything else until BLOOD RITES is on my iPhone, locked & loaded. Goodbye weekend! ~ 4.5 stars ( )
  RabidReads | Mar 13, 2015 |
Harry Dresden is a self-righteous ass. I liked the series for its action and excitement, but his character is making it really hard to read the books. Not sure when I'll tackle the last Dresden book I have. ( )
  kenzen | Feb 23, 2015 |
I don't think 3 stars is really adequate...but 4 might be to many..how about 3.8 stars. These books are like Lays Potato Chips, you can't read just one. I still like that thus far each book is ONE story, with a beginning a middle and an end.I like the fact that characters and others...things are brought back time to time. ITs all intertwined. I am most curious to see how Mr. Butcher will bring this to a conclusion....there will be a conclusion at some point?? ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
In this episode of the Dresden Files, Harry is approached by a priest to help recover a rather famous religious artifact, The Shroud of Turin. Easy enough for our man Dresden, except he has a few unresolved issues that have been stacking up over the last few books. To name a few, a not-quite-vamp girlfriend and an entire vampire court that is quite literally out for blood. Death Masks is action packed from start to finish and if you have the opportunity to listen to the audio version of this series I would highly recommend it. James Marsters (Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) is the narrator and he may in fact be Harry Dresden. ( )
  JechtShot | Feb 4, 2015 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In memory of Plumicon and Ersha, fallen heroes.
Some things just aren't meant to go together.

Harry Dresden, Chicago's only practicing professional wizard, should be happy that business is pretty good for a change. But now he's getting more than he bargained for.
  • A duel with the Red Court of Vampires' champion, who must kill Harry to end the war between vampires and wizards
  • Professional hit men using Harry for target practice
  • The missing Shroud of Turin
  • A handless and headless corpse the Chicago police need identified

Not to mention the return of Harry's ex-girlfriend Susan, who's still struggling with her semivampiric nature. And who seems ot ahve a new man in her life.
Some days, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. No matter how much you're charging.

Harry Dresden, Chicago's only practicing wizard, is hired by a mysterious priest to find the stolen Shroud of Turin. But first, Harry must deal with the Red Court of Vampires' champion, professional hit men, and the return of his semi-vampire former girlfriend.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,165,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible