Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

Grave Peril

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (3)

English (155)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (158)
Ah, fantastic book, poor Harry he has nothing but trouble in this book. He finds love,but can he keep it ? My favorite of the three I have read. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
The best so far. I realized that I don't care for Murphy, so since she wasn't one of the main characters in "Grave Peril", I liked it a lot. Not that is the main reason of course. ( )
  Irena. | Jan 28, 2016 |
Rereading of a book I've read quite some time ago.
Fast-paced, with the piling up of disaster upon disaster, as a Harry Dresden novel does.
Someone is riling up the ghosts in town into a frenzy. They then start to target friends of Harry and after being continually on the defensive, Harry decides to tackle the Red Court Vampires (as he's strongly of the opinion they're behind it all) which results in one of the major disasters of his career. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
The Dresden series is really good! Jim Butcher is an absolutely amazing wordsmith. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
The third book in the Dresden series. There is a sudden increase in ghosts activity in Chicago which is being fought by Dresden and his kinght pal Michael. Harry links the ghosts to a disturbance in the nevernever and eventually vampires also become involved. A good entry in the series. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

There are reasons I hate to drive fast.
I felt uncomfortable, approaching the church -- not for any weirdo quasi-mystical reason. Just because I'd never been comfortable with churches in general. The Church had killed a lot of wizards in its day, believing them in league with Satan. It felt strange to be just strolling up on business. Hi, God, it's me, Harry. Please don't turn me into a pillar of salt. (chapter 9)
Thaumaturgy is traditional magic, all about drawing symbolic links between items or people then investing energy to get the effect that you want. You can do a lot with thaumaturgy, provided you have enough time to plan things out, and more time to prepare a ritual, the symbolic objects, and the magical circle.
I've yet to meet a slobbering monster polite enough to wait for me to finish. (Harry, chapter 16)

In all his years of supernatural sleuthing, Harry Dresden has never faced anything like this: the spirit world's gone postal. These ghosts are tormented, violent, and deadly. Someone-or something-is purposely stirring them up to wreak unearthly havoc. But why? If Harry doesn't figure it out soon, he could wind up a ghost himself.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458443, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:34 -0400)

F Kent ; XX-CDF ; 10CD/1AW ; SA ; CD24I.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 102,988,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible