Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3) by…

Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Member:kissmeimgone
Title:Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 378 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****

Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

English (144)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (147)
best one so far! ( )
  twertz | Apr 23, 2015 |
Now that's what I'am talking about! No more boring monsters - instead, we get multiple kick-ass bad guys! I loved Grave Peril - it was exciting, fast-paced and mysterious, plus there were called-for twists in the plot. And Murphy wasn't as annoying, probably because there wasn't a lot of her character in this book, with introducing Michael and getting to know Susan a little better. And did I mention the awesome bad guys? The Nightmare, Lea, a super weird vampire woman, already banished demon!!! And they aren't stupid like a bunch of wolves and what's-his-name sorcerer guy. These are legitimate bad guys, with brains full of vengeance plans! I just love how all of them played with Dresden's head. And Lea & Harry have pretty awesome chemistry, can't wait to see more of his Godmother. ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |
I was informed by many a reader that this series found its legs in book 3, and there was even an intro from Jim Butcher to that effect. It's true! I loved this one to pieces! Many of the secondary characters came out of the woodwork in a big way, and a few new ones were added to the cast as well. I enjoyed the humour a lot more this time around, the multiple plot threads kept me engaged, and the main story arc is just getting started. Harry really defined himself as a protagonist in this installment by making some tough calls, demonstrating that he can throw down in a pinch, and his relationship with Susan takes several unexpected turns. James Marster's narration has been steadily improving with each novel, and I look forward to tagging along with him, Butcher & Dresden for SUMMER KNIGHT. ( )
  RabidReads | Feb 28, 2015 |
Thus far I have enjoyed this one the most in the series. I like that each story has a beginning, a middle and an end, yet leaves Harry open to the next story. I actually find myself wanting to read the 4th book. With the first 2 I wasn't so sure I wanted to read on. But I listened to the friend who loaned me the books and am glad I did. Now I guess I have to have another affair with another series....its never ending! ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

There are reasons I hate to drive fast.
I felt uncomfortable, approaching the church -- not for any weirdo quasi-mystical reason. Just because I'd never been comfortable with churches in general. The Church had killed a lot of wizards in its day, believing them in league with Satan. It felt strange to be just strolling up on business. Hi, God, it's me, Harry. Please don't turn me into a pillar of salt. (chapter 9)
Thaumaturgy is traditional magic, all about drawing symbolic links between items or people then investing energy to get the effect that you want. You can do a lot with thaumaturgy, provided you have enough time to plan things out, and more time to prepare a ritual, the symbolic objects, and the magical circle.
I've yet to meet a slobbering monster polite enough to wait for me to finish. (Harry, chapter 16)

In all his years of supernatural sleuthing, Harry Dresden has never faced anything like this: the spirit world's gone postal. These ghosts are tormented, violent, and deadly. Someone-or something-is purposely stirring them up to wreak unearthly havoc. But why? If Harry doesn't figure it out soon, he could wind up a ghost himself.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458443, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:35 -0400)

F Kent ; XX-CDF ; 10CD/1AW ; SA ; CD24I.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,211,776 books! | Top bar: Always visible