I Lived to Tell It All by George Jones

I Lived to Tell It All

by George Jones

Jones is the greatest country singer ever. However, as a man, he is a big disappointment. What a wasted life spent in a haze of alcohol and drugs – but he had an excuse – he was lonely, he felt inadequate. How many others of us are lonely and feel inadequate but we don’t destroy ourselves. I really got tired of the excuses. And I was extremely disappointed to hear he physically abused his wives. His last wife had to be a saint to put up with what she did. I think her story would be more interesting. Like others, I would prefer to forget this story and concentrate on the music instead. ( )
  knahs | Sep 18, 2013 |

Boozing.  Womanizing.  Brawling.  Singing.  For the last forty years George Jones has reigned as the country's king--the singer many have called the Frank Sinatra of country.  And for most of that time, his career has been marked by hard-living, hard-loving, and hard luck.  From his early east Texas recordings through his marriage with Tammy Wynette to his latest acclaim as a solid citizen and "high-tech red-neck," Americans have been fascinated with Jones, never even knowing whether he's going to show up for his next concert.

Now, in I Lived To Tell It All, George Jones supplies a no-holds-barred account of his excesses and ecstasies.  How alcohol ruled his life and performances.  How  violence marred many friendships and relationships.  How money was something to be made but never held on to.  And, finally, how the love of a good woman can ultimately change a man, redeem him, and save his life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:50 -0400)

Finally, George Jones opens up and writes candidly and intimately about his failures and successes, his losses and loves.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,332,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible