Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel…

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan

Member:LizNoland
Title:Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List
Authors:Rachel Cohn
Other authors:David Levithan
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2007), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 240 pages
Collections:E-books, Read but unowned
Tags:YA, friendship, relationships, gay

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn (2007)

Nice story & writing but I did not like it that much. I'm okay with point of views & many characters but here it involves too many point of views of many characters. That that made it quite confusing. ( )
  phoibee | Apr 23, 2017 |
This book is 100% melodrama, but I was laughing my head off the entire time. Thus-->4 stars. I took off one whole stare because of the effing annoying graphics in Naomi's POV. ( )
  Stebahnree | Mar 13, 2016 |
  Stebahnree | Mar 13, 2016 |
I read this E book because a young adult came in to the Library and suggested it to me. I found the story to be unique and not something I would normally pick-up to read. Most of the characters were believable. Sometimes I felt upset towards Naomi because she was forever using people and being a "BIG" taker. Naomi did not realize she had a "true" friend until it almost was to late. I cheered when Ely wanted to work on his relationship with Bruce. I might try to read other books written by these two authors. ( )
  BrendaKlaassen | Dec 26, 2015 |
Naomi and Ely have grown up in adjacent apartments and been best friends forever. Naomi knows Ely is gay, but a stubborn part of her still believes they're meant to be together, and that part causes a lot of problems. Meanwhile, Ely falls for Naomi's (ex)boyfriend Bruce the Second (not to be confused with Bruce the First, who also lives in their apartment building), and Naomi can't help but notice the incredibly hot young doorman, Gabriel. All of these characters and more get a turn narrating the story.

Quotes

How can you spend hours every day trying in small ways to figure out who you are, then have a near-stranger give you a sentence of yourself that says it better than you ever could? (Bruce the Second, 20)

Gay guys get all the perks with none of the responsibility. It's so not fair. (Bruce the First, 29)

Neither of us needs a mirror when the other one's around. (Ely, 37)

That indifference was a lie....Indifference lies to protect my hurt. (Naomi, 45)

"It hurts to hurt people when you never mean to, doesn't it?" (Naomi to Ely, 197)

...the writing on the map is gone, but the paper's still there. (Ely, 213)

...I think that as hard as we try, it still sometimes feels like we all speak different languages. Even if we all share the same words, meanings can be different. (Ely, 223) ( )
  JennyArch | Apr 18, 2015 |

17) Stevie Wonder, As
18) Merle Haggard, Blue Yodel
19) The Ramones, I wanna be your boyfriend
19a) Prince, If I was your girlfriend
Selections from second music mix
----------------------------------------
1) Bon Jovi, livin' on a prayer
4) Britney Spears, you drive me crazy
5) Dixie Chicks, don't waste your heart
7) Green Day, poprocks and coke
8) Destiny's child, bootylicious
11) Belle & Sebastian, asleep on a sunbeam

NAOMI AND ELY ARE BEST FRIENDS. Naomi loves and is in love with Ely, and Ely loves Naomi, but prefers to be in love with boys. So they create their "No Kiss List" of people neither of them is allowed to kiss. And this works fine - until Bruce. Bruce is Naomi's boyfriend, so there's no reason to put him on the List. But Ely kissed Bruce even though he is boring. The result: a rift of universal proportions and the potential end of "Naomi and Ely: the institution." Can these best friends come back together again?

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:13 -0400)

Although they have been friends and neighbors all their lives, straight Naomi and gay Ely find their relationship severely strained during their freshman year at New York University.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,012,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible