Many Bloody Returns by Charlaine Harris

Fortunately I read Blood Rites (Jim Butcher) before Butcher's story, so no spoilers there. In case you haven't read the sixth book of Dresden Files, do so before the story in this collection.
I loved Grave Robbed (P.N. Elrod).
I should have skipped Vampire Hours (Elaine Viets). Depressing. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
The First Day of the Rest of Your Life - Rachel Caine - 3.5 Stars - My goodness Michael is sweet. There's nothing like a guy who knows how to cheer you up after a beyond crap day. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 7, 2014 |
absolutely loved this book. Filled with short stories about vampires? How could I not love it? Here's my review about each story:
Dracula Night - Charlaine Harris: I've read this story already in one of Ms. Harris other Sookie books. Still was worth rereading about Eric planning a party for Count Dracula's birthday.
The Mournful Cry of Owls - Christopher Golden: Very interesting twist on vampirism... owls. I wasn't sure where it was going at first but I liked the fact that we go and find out what the main character goes through her "change" of life.

For the rest of the review, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/73263.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Jun 7, 2014 |
The Good: Vampires and birthdays - sounds like a random combinations - really works here. I generally avoid anthologies, but the stories here were almost all winners. I absolutely loved Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher and Rachel Caine's stories. This book also introduced me to Tanya Huff, who I'll definitely check out again soon. Tate Hallaway and Jeanne C. Stein's stories also motivated me to start looking into more of their works.

The Bad: The "original" Sookie story isn't all that original to anyone reading the book now, as it was included in the exclusively Sookie anthology "A Touch of Dead." And Christopher Golden's story was just sort of weird and overtly random. ( )
  TequilaReader | May 6, 2014 |

Stein, Jeanne C.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Viets, ElaineContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is dedicated to Joss Whedon, who may never read it, and his enthusiastic fans known as the Buffybuds, who will.
When we were approached about editing this anthology, we were like two kids with a new toy. (A Few Words by Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner)
I found the invitation in the mailbox at the end of my driveway. (Dracula Night)
On a warm, late summer's night, Donika Ristani sat on a the roof outside her open widow - fat-bellied acoustic guitar in her hands - and searched for the chords that would bring life to the music she knew lay within her. (The Mournful Cry of Owls)
If you really want to hear about it, which a lot of people do, being naturally curious, you probably want to know where I was born and what I was like as a kid and how I would up living (in a manner of speaking) under a bridge and all that Catcher in the Rye kind of crap, but I just don't feel like talking about any of that right now, and anyway it's not all that interesting, to tell you the truth. (I Was a Teenage Vampire.)
Another life taken. Another year to live. (Twilight)
Anthology - Contains the following short stories

The Wish by Carolyn Haines

Fire and Ice and Linguini for Two by Tate Hallaway

Vampire Hours by Elaine Viets

How Stella Got Her Grave Back by Toni L.P. Kelner

Never-before-published vampire stories by Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, Kelley Armstrong, and many others.

Suspenseful, surprising, sometimes dark, sometimes humorous-these all-new stories will ensure that readers never think of vampires (or birthdays) in quite the same way again.

In New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris's "Dracula Night," Sookie Stackhouse is the only human at the annual commemoration of Dracula's birth. But this year, the Prince of Darkness actually shows up-and finds Sookie to be a tasty-looking present.

New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher's crime-solving wizard Harry Dresden, of the Dresden Files novels, heads to a role-playing party to give his vampire brother a birthday present in "It's My Birthday Too," only to discover there are some bloodthirsty party crashers who don't share their brotherly love.

In "Twilight," Cassandra DuCharme, who appeared in New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong's Dime Store Magic, knows she has to kill to live as a vampire another year-but finds herself disturbingly disinterested in the hunt.

Plus ten more bloody good birthday stories that take the cake.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:02 -0400)

A few words / Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner -- Dracula night / Charlaine Harris -- The mournful cry of owls / Christopher Golden -- I was a teenage vampire / Bill Crider -- Twilight / Kelley Armstrong -- It's my birthday, too / Jim Butcher -- Grave-robbed / P.N. Elrod -- The first day of the rest of your life / Rachel Caine -- The witch and the wicked / Jeanne C. Stein -- Blood wrapped / Tanya Huff -- The wish / Carolyn Haines -- Fire and ice and linguini for two / Tate Hallaway -- Vampire hours / Elaine Viets -- How Stella got her grave back / Toni L.P. Kelner.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,370,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible