Many Bloody Returns by Charlaine Harris

Fortunately I read Blood Rites (Jim Butcher) before Butcher's story, so no spoilers there. In case you haven't read the sixth book of Dresden Files, do so before the story in this collection.
I loved Grave Robbed (P.N. Elrod).
I should have skipped Vampire Hours (Elaine Viets). Depressing. ( )
  Aneris | Mar 17, 2016 |
A collection of short stories, mostly from the big guns of the paranormal romance/urban fantasy genre (Jim Butcher, Charlaine Harris, Tanya Huff, Kelly Armstrong...), all relating to vampires and birthdays. They weren't bad short stories, but after reading it last night I can't remember a single one that really interested me. Mostly I think it's because the authors are used to writing novels (and series novels, at that) and aren't used to having so little space. The other problem is most of the authors chose to use characters from their series, so I'm introduced to characters I'm supposed to already care about. Since I don't, and since I don't have any vested interest in whether Character A makes up with Character B, I was bored and frustrated with many of these stories. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Slick, sometimes funny stories, sometimes scary. I found a couple of authors that I would be interested in reading their writings more. Great book for a birthday present ! ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
A very merry undead birthday to you..... This is a collection of short stories centering around vampires and birthday celebrations. Many of which have redeeming qualities.

My favorite had to be the one where upon her 18th birthday a young woman is forced to make allegiance to a horrendous vampire in order to live out the rest of her natural life in safety. Upon refusing to do so, her family disowns her and she finds herself running for her life and seeking shelter with a young man she barely knew in school. I'm not going to tell you the rest of the story.

The offerings are suspenseful, oft times creepy, and well written. They certainly held my attention. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Good little stories about unusual birthdays ( )
  bgknighton | Jan 6, 2016 |

Huff, TanyaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stein, Jeanne C.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Viets, ElaineContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is dedicated to Joss Whedon, who may never read it, and his enthusiastic fans known as the Buffybuds, who will.
When we were approached about editing this anthology, we were like two kids with a new toy. (A Few Words by Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner)
I found the invitation in the mailbox at the end of my driveway. (Dracula Night)
On a warm, late summer's night, Donika Ristani sat on a the roof outside her open widow - fat-bellied acoustic guitar in her hands - and searched for the chords that would bring life to the music she knew lay within her. (The Mournful Cry of Owls)
If you really want to hear about it, which a lot of people do, being naturally curious, you probably want to know where I was born and what I was like as a kid and how I would up living (in a manner of speaking) under a bridge and all that Catcher in the Rye kind of crap, but I just don't feel like talking about any of that right now, and anyway it's not all that interesting, to tell you the truth. (I Was a Teenage Vampire.)
Another life taken. Another year to live. (Twilight)
Anthology - Contains the following short stories

The Wish by Carolyn Haines

Fire and Ice and Linguini for Two by Tate Hallaway

Vampire Hours by Elaine Viets

How Stella Got Her Grave Back by Toni L.P. Kelner

Never-before-published vampire stories by Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, Kelley Armstrong, and many others.

Suspenseful, surprising, sometimes dark, sometimes humorous-these all-new stories will ensure that readers never think of vampires (or birthdays) in quite the same way again.

In New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris's "Dracula Night," Sookie Stackhouse is the only human at the annual commemoration of Dracula's birth. But this year, the Prince of Darkness actually shows up-and finds Sookie to be a tasty-looking present.

New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher's crime-solving wizard Harry Dresden, of the Dresden Files novels, heads to a role-playing party to give his vampire brother a birthday present in "It's My Birthday Too," only to discover there are some bloodthirsty party crashers who don't share their brotherly love.

In "Twilight," Cassandra DuCharme, who appeared in New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong's Dime Store Magic, knows she has to kill to live as a vampire another year-but finds herself disturbingly disinterested in the hunt.

Plus ten more bloody good birthday stories that take the cake.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:36 -0400)

A few words / Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner -- Dracula night / Charlaine Harris -- The mournful cry of owls / Christopher Golden -- I was a teenage vampire / Bill Crider -- Twilight / Kelley Armstrong -- It's my birthday, too / Jim Butcher -- Grave-robbed / P.N. Elrod -- The first day of the rest of your life / Rachel Caine -- The witch and the wicked / Jeanne C. Stein -- Blood wrapped / Tanya Huff -- The wish / Carolyn Haines -- Fire and ice and linguini for two / Tate Hallaway -- Vampire hours / Elaine Viets -- How Stella got her grave back / Toni L.P. Kelner.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,857,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible