Dragon Heat (Dragon Series, Book 1) by…

Dragon Heat (Dragon Series, Book 1) (edition 2007)

by Allyson James

Member:LisaWharton
Title:Dragon Heat (Dragon Series, Book 1)
Authors:Allyson James
Info:Berkley (2007), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, Your library, To read
Tags:dragons, paranormal

Dragon Heat by Allyson James

The Dragon Series is a tale of love, dragons and plain old happy bonking. Now there's not a lot of bonking but be warned you may be like holy, moly if you read it. The story centers on a modern day city and a mythical dragon homeworld called Dragonspace. In book one, we read the love story of Lisa, a 1/4 Chinese woman with a broken heart and Caleb, a Golden, warrior dragon. I don't want to reveal too but there's a BA witch, scary supes and a surprise you don't see coming. ( )
  ElizabethdRosa | Apr 10, 2013 |
Hehehehehe. This was kinda bad. I'd forgotten how some romance novels can be; sometimes I enjoy them for the fun and fluff, but this one was missing a few things. Like logic. And good storytelling. It did get better in the last 1/3 or so, but events were quite predictable and I just wanted it to pick up and go; too much focus on peripheral characters (to set up for book 2) and not enough conflict with the hero and heroine. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Very good blend of dragons, witches, demons, magic, Chinese....you name it! 4 stars. ( )
  booklovre6 | Mar 30, 2013 |
  booklovre6 | Mar 30, 2013 |
**Courtesy of CK2S Kwips & Kritiques**

Lisa Singleton inherited her late Grandmother’s apartment along with everything in it - including the full-size dragon her Grandmother never warned her was living in the guest room! Caleb has been set as Lisa’s protector by the witches who control him, a task he doesn’t mind at all- especially when she talks to him and lets him have the remote for the TV.

OK, so it is a little unusual for a Golden Dragon, known as a powerful warrior, to enjoy life as a couch potato. But it is even more unusual to have a dragon living in your spare bedroom. Then again, things get even stranger when that dragon suddenly turns into a human hunk and settles himself comfortably and naked on the living room sofa!

When the infamous Black Dragon and an evil witch both target the innocent Lisa, Caleb will do anything to save the beautiful human woman he has come to love more than life itself.

Why, oh WHY did it take me so long to read this wonderful book that I have had languishing away on my book case for so long??? I bought Dragon Heat, the first story in Allyson James’ Dragon Series, months ago. Unfortunately, I had not yet found time to move it up my too-large (no complaints, though) to-be-read pile. But it was certainly very near the top, since I have a particular penchant for any story that has dragons in it, whether they are the shape shifting variety or not.

Lucky for me, the sequel to this story came to CK2S Kwips and Kritiques for review, giving me the perfect excuse to move Dragon Heat to the top of that TBR pile! All I can say is, this series is now on my pre-order list! OK, that’s not really all I can say about it; I’m way too long-winded for that.

One of the things I love best about this book is that, while it is not a comedy, Ms. James’ infuses it with a good dose of natural humor throughout the story. As a person who finds humor in most real-life situations, I really appreciate that quality in the books I read. I mean, come on, the situation lends itself easily to laughter. A remote control wielding dragon living in a woman’s guest-room? Plus, the juxtaposition of the comedy alongside the darker nature of the story as the villains attempt to destroy Lisa and Caleb keeps the story very entertaining.

The author delivers several twists to the plot, at least one of which I never suspected, but totally enjoyed when it happened. Having been bred on mystery novels growing up, I am pretty adept at figuring out the surprises in a story, so I always appreciate when an author manages to pull something over on me in a manner which is logical.

I really can’t praise this story enough. For those of us who relish a romance with a great dose of fantasy, paranormal and suspense, Dragon Heat is a story not to be missed!

nashjar | Feb 18, 2008 |

Allyson Jamesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Accornero, FrancoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042521589X, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:35 -0400)

Lisa Singleton has an unusual roommate-a fifty-foot dragon named Caleb who has glittering scales and a bad attitude. Little does she know that Caleb is actually a powerful warrior sent to protect her from those out to steal her magic and destroy the world. Or that Caleb can take the human form of a sexy hunk. Now, if he doesn't stop distracting her with those gorgeous bedroom eyes, they may not have time to stop their enemies before all of existence is wiped out. At least Lisa and Caleb will have savored every last minute.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,424,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible