Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy) by…

Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy) (original 1996; edition 1997)

by Robin Hobb

Member:BrandonSanderson
Title:Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy)
Authors:Robin Hobb
Info:Voyager (1997), Paperback, 768 pages

Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb (1996)

English (76)  Dutch (2)  Finnish (1)  French (1)  English (80)
Yes, one does get tired of watching bad things happen to poor FitzChivalry after a while. But still, this is an excellent book--I think Hobb does an amazing job with characterization and world-building, and I can't wait to read the final book in the trilogy. ( )
  gayla.bassham | Nov 7, 2016 |
This is another reread for me.

I really struggled with finishing this one. Which was greatly disappointing as I loved, loved this series when I read them the first time, and wanted to reread them immediately. I waited for YEARS, savoring the thought of how much I would enjoy it a second time, and I could barely finish the book. What a disappointment.

I finally finished the last 250 pages, all in one sitting, refusing to do anything else until I finished.

I'll take a break before getting the next one.

anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
What a disappointment! Watching paint dry is more exciting than this book. I cant even tell you whats happened. I think Verity sat around skilling which amounts to doing nothing. Im done. This is a DNF. ( )
  tamarah71 | Sep 5, 2016 |
Love it as much as the first book. ( )
  RoseyEm | Jul 14, 2016 |
Fitz grows up. He Skills, he has the Wit. He goes to the Mountains. He fights men and big ships. It's not complex stuff, but it's good escapism. ( )
  devilish2 | Mar 28, 2016 |

Robin Hobbprimary authorall editionscalculated
Howe, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santikko, SauliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Giles
And for Raphael and Freddy,
the Princes of Assassins
Why is it forbidden to write down specific knowledge of the magics?
"Het zijn kwade tijden. En ik vroeg me af of er wel ooit een eind aan zou komen. Het was een vraag die ik me in de daaropvolgende jaren nog vaak zou stellen." - FitzChevalric
in the portuguese edition the royal assassion was split between o punhal do soberano e a corte dos traidores

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553573411, Mass Market Paperback)

Young Fitz, the illegitimate son of the noble Prince Chivalry, is ignored by all royalty except the devious King Shrewd, who has had him tutored him in the dark arts of the assassin. He has barely survived his first, soul-shattering mission, and returns to the court where he is thrown headfirst into the tumult of royal life. With the King near death, and Fitz's only ally off on a seemingly hopeless quest, the throne itself is threatened. Meanwhile, the treacherous Red Ship Raiders have renewed their attacks on the Six Duchies, slaughtering the inhabitants of entire seaside towns. In this time of great peril, it soon becomes clear that the fate of the kingdom may rest in Fitz's hands--and his role in its salvation may require the ultimate sacrifice.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:04 -0400)

Fitz, crippled in his first mission as an assassin, intends to take refuge in a distant kingdom, but is drawn back to his home and the court of the Six Duchies when he learns the kingdom is under attack from outside enemies and inside traitors.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,675,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible