Secret Seven Adventure by Enid Blyton

Secret Seven Adventure (1950)

by Enid Blyton

Series: The Secret Seven (2)

secret seven adventure is a book that made me want to read more and more. the book is telling us a group of kids going on an adventure to find the missing pearls. they investigated, searched and asked various number of people and all of that led them to a circus where they found the missing pearls and the culprit. this book is adventurous, fun and exciting. not really alot though. jessie cai 7x. ( )
  7x.library | Oct 19, 2011 |
Why would you preserve the original illustrations for the millennium edition, which clearly age the book, and then change the content? I really can't imagine that in 1950 it cost £3 for a child to go to the circus. If it did, then the Secret Seven were rich indeed! And they carefully remove any reference to physical punishment. Strange, the things they seem to find so important to "update".
Ironically, I'm not a big fan of the original Secret Seven illustrations - they make the children look like real ratbags. Or, as Malcolm would say, in his best British accent, they look like "rotters". Very different from Eileen Soper's beautiful illustrations of the Five. Having said that, I still love the fact that I can avoid some of the annoying modern illustrations and enjoy something more appropriate to the age of the novel, even if the content is "modern".

The Secret Seven are pretty much just light fluff for me, but I know I haven't read them all. What I can't remember is how many I have in fact read. I know I've several times read the first few in an attempt to read them all, but then never persevered. This time I'm determined! I will keep reading - it will be interesting to see how far I get before I get to one I've never encountered before! ( )
  mandochild | Apr 18, 2010 |
A pearl necklace has been stolen and the Secret Seven realize they saw the thief making his getaway through the bushes. They decide to track down the thief and their adventure takes them to the circus. My 7yo really enjoyed this mystery. The circus theme was lots of fun and he was on the edge of seat whenever the Secret Seven found themselves in danger. I enjoyed reading it and I can understand why I loved this series so much as a child. I do find myself editing some of the old-fashioned British words so the 7yo will understand better. ie: flashlight for torch, radio for wireless. Recommended. ( )
1 vote ElizaJane | Aug 26, 2007 |

Enid Blytonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hokkanen, VilhoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Secret Seven Society was having its usual weekly meeting.

Secret Seven - Book 2

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,801,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible