Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, Book 4) by…

Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, Book 4) (edition 2002)

by Jim Butcher

5,449119794 (4.17)207
Member:PiyushC
Title:Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, Book 4)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 371 pages
Rating:***
Tags:2012, Urban Fantasy

Summer Knight by Jim Butcher

English (118)  Piratical (1)  All languages (119)
The Summer Knight was murdered and the Winter Queen now has Harry's debt and offer's him freedom for three completed tasks. The first to find the murderer. This first task takes him into the incredibly intense world of Fae politics'. Harry, poor Harry is betrayed, wounded, abused, heart broken and beaten and still has a wonderful sense of humor. I laughed out loud several times I loved this book. Billy the were is one of my favorite side characters. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Desperately searching for something to cure his lost love, Harry is approached by a client to look into the disappearance of something valuable.
As usual, nothing is as it seems and Harry is battling on numerous fronts, trying to save the world and himself to the bargain. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
This series just keeps getting better and better. Once I pick one up, I can't put it down until I'm finished. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Didn't like this one nearly as much as the first 3, too much of the White Council and their assumptions that Harry must be guilty of something bad in any situation. ( )
  SF_fan_mae | Jan 15, 2016 |
Harry is depressed and hurting, suffering from the loss of his girlfriend Susan who has left town to deal with the results of their last adventure together. He has neglected his business and his friends and is about to be evicted from his office and his apartment. Then, to make matters worse, the winter Queen of the Faerie saunters in with an offer Harry can’t refuse.

The formula is wearing thin for me in this fourth book in the series. Harry is taxed to the max, battling ghouls, vampires, wizards, trolls, ogres, faeries and even a plant monster. The White Council is against him and his temper gets the better of him, but he still has a few friends he can count on. I really like Harry as a character, and the action is fast-paced and interesting, but the series is getting repetitive and I think I’ve had enough.
  BookConcierge | Jan 13, 2016 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for big sisters everywhere who have enough patience not to strangle their little brothers - and particulary for my own sisters, who had more than most. I owe you both so much.
And for Mom, for reasons that are so obvious that they really don't need to be said - but I thought I would make special mention of candy cane cookies and that rocking chair that creaked me to sleep.
It rained toads the day the White Council came to town.
Sometimes the most remarkable things seem commonplace. I mean, when you think about it, jet travel is pretty freaking remarkable. You get in a plane, it defies the gravity of an entire planet by exploiting a loophole with air pressure, and it flies across distances that would take months or years to cross by any means of travel that has been significant for more than a century or three. You hurtle above the earth at enough speed to kill you instantly should you bump into something, and you can only breathe because someone built you a really good tin can that has seams tight enough to hold in a decent amount of air. Hundreds of millions of man-hours of work and struggle and research, blood, sweat, tears, and lives have gone into the history of air travel, and it has totally revolutionized the face of our planet and societies.

But get on any flight in the country, and I absolutely promise you that you will find someone who, in the face of all that incredible achievement, will be willing to complain about the drinks.

The drinks, people.

Ever since his girlfriend left town to deal with her newly acquired taste for blood, Harry Dresden has been down and out in Chicago. He can't pay his rent. He's alienating his friends. He can't even recall the last time he took a shower.

The only professional wizard in the phone books has become a desperate man.

And just when it seems things can't get any worse, in saunters the Winter Queen of Faerie. She has an offer Harry can't refuse if he wants to free himself of the supernatural hold his faerie godmother has over him - and hopefully end his run of bad luck. All he has to do is find out who murdered the Summer Queen's right-hand man, the Summer Knight, and clear the Winter Queen's name.

It seems simple enough, but Harry knows better than to get caught in the middle of faerie politics. Until he finds out that the fate of the entire world ress on his solving this case.
No pressure or anything.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458923, Mass Market Paperback)

Private detective/wizard-for-hire Harry Dresden is suckered into tangling in the affairs of Faerie, where the fate of the entire world-and his soul-are at stake.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:33 -0400)

Now that his girlfriend has left him, professional wizard Harry Dresden can't pay his rent and alienates his friends. He's soon approached by the Winter Queen of Faerie with an offer he can't refuse--all he has to do is find out who murdered the Summer Queen's right-hand man, the Summer Knight, and clear the Winter Queen's name. Soon, Harry finds out that the fate of the entire world rests on his solving this case.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,000,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible