Infinite Life by Robert Thurman

Infinite Life

by Robert Thurman

A profound and gratifying discussion of the six perfections: wisdom, generosity, justice (ethics), patience, creativity (joyous effort), and contemplation. I read it twice in an effort to integrate these important goals. Lengthy quotes from the Garland Sutra add to the magic. ( )
  bordercollie | Mar 19, 2009 |

An inspiring guide to incorporating Huddhist wisdom into daily life. Thurman shows how self-examination can lead to an expanded sense of connection with others. An introduction to the entire sweep of Buddhism, pointing out its continuing powerful relevance for today's world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:29 -0400)

"In Infinite Life, Robert Thurman invites us to examine our assumptions about living and dying and to take into account the possibility that not only are our lives not meaningless, they have tremendous impact. He asks us to consider that instead of having one shot to get it right for either oblivion or eternity, we might indeed have an infinite past and future. And if that is the case, if we are evolving over infinite time, then every action in our lives has infinite consequences for ourselves and others. Therefore, we must take responsibility in the present for our actions and their effects - we must live our immortality now. But balanced against that tremendous responsibility is the opportunity for a life of infinite joy, infinite connection with other beings, and infinite power to do good."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,475,948 books! | Top bar: Always visible