Little (Grrl) Lost by Charles de Lint

Little (Grrl) Lost (2007)

by Charles de Lint

Other authors: Scott Fischer (Cover artist)

This one was alright. Wasn't what I was expecting it to be and I think that is what ruined it for me, was me thinking it was going to go somewhere else. It's not really the books fault.

I bought this solely on the cover art. Go me! ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
Backstory: I picked this book up at a used bookstore and fell in love with the cover. It was a hardcover though, so it was a little out of my price range for random book purchases. Fast forward maybe a year. I find it at Goodwill for twenty five cents. I do a happy dance, take it home, and immediately start reading it, hoping against hope that for once that the inside will be just as great as the cover.

I really really really loved it. I love the Littles. I love TJ. I love how both Elizabeth and TJ grow. Sure, TJ makes some questionable choices throughout the story, and it really is amazing it all worked out, but still. And I'm not sure why the sections from Elizabeth's point of view were in present tense and first person, while the entire rest of the book was past tense third person. It kind of jolted me out of the story a little bit.

But really, aside from those few things, I loved every minute of it. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Nov 25, 2016 |
really enjoyable! the 'little' in the title is because the character is actually little, as in 6 tall; its like a modern version of The Borrowers." ( )
  Darth-Heather | May 31, 2016 |
I had high hopes for this book, because THE BLUE GIRL was one of my favorite reads a few years back and this looked to be more of the same. And on many levels it was: there are plenty of cool characters, lots of the little details that make the Newford setting so vivid, and De Lint's delightful prose. I liked both the main characters, and was interested in seeing them pursue their goals.

And yet, when I was done, I felt as if it didn't add up to the whole experience I was hoping for. I felt as if I'd gone on a pleasant trip, but that I'd ended up right back where I started.

I would recommend this to fans of De Lint, but for those looking to try out his writing for the first time I would suggest starting elsewhere (say, with THE BLUE GIRL).
1 vote devafagan | Jan 2, 2015 |
Little (Grrl) Lost by Charles de Lint (2007)
  whitespiraldancer | Sep 14, 2013 |

Charles de Lintprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fischer, ScottCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Julie & Kenny with a helping of Joss and green chilies on the side
Scritch, scritch, scritch. There it was again.

When fourteen-year-old TJ and her family are forced to move from their farm to the suburbs, she has to give up her beloved horse, Red—but she makes a surprising new friend. Elizabeth is a "Little," a six-inch-high punked-out teen with an attitude, who has run away from home to make her way in the world. TJ and Elizabeth—the Big and the Little—soon become friends, but each quickly finds herself in a truly life-threatening situation, and they are unable to help each other. Little (Grrl) Lost is a delightful combination of realism, magic, humor, and hope, and is sure to win Charles de Lint many new teen and adult fans.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:52 -0400)

Fourteen-year-old T.J. and her new friend, sixteen-year-old Elizabeth, a six-inch-high "Little" with a big chip on her shoulder, help one another as T.J. tries to adjust to her family's move from a farm to the big city and Elizabeth tries to make her own way in the world.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,148,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible