Christmas Presents: Holiday Poetry (I Can…

Christmas Presents: Holiday Poetry (I Can Read Book 2) (edition 2004)

by Lee Bennett Hopkins, Melanie Hall (Illustrator)

156647,891 (4)None
Title:Christmas Presents: Holiday Poetry (I Can Read Book 2)
Authors:Lee Bennett Hopkins
Other authors:Melanie Hall (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2004), Library Binding, 32 pages
Tags:easy read; Christmas; poems; holidays

Christmas Presents: Holiday Poetry (I Can Read Book 2) by Lee Bennett Hopkins

A collection of poems about Christmas by various authors, the poems tell the story of each short poems leading up to Christmas. All of the poem's style use a technique of rhyme to narrate the poems. In addition, the poems lead to the bigger topic of Christmas which is expressive in terms of the simplistic use of language and communication. This is a good book for beginners who are just learning to read poetry and the illustrations of the poems were colorful and bright. All in all, very easy and simplistic to read since the words are small, short, and rhythmic. ( )
  jhcao20 | Feb 25, 2016 |
Christmas Presents is a collection of poems written by different people. Selected by Lee Bennett Hopkins, the poems tell the story of the days leading up to Christmas. All the poems chosen use rhyme. I find this helps the story flow. This is "An I Can Read Book" and I think it works perfectly for beginner readers who are learning about poetry. The illustrations are bright, colorful, and go along with the words on the pages. I thought this was a cute book because it reminded me of my childhood. It captures all the feelings and sights of the Christmas season. ( )
  mamontgomery | Feb 22, 2016 |
I enjoy reading poems and I loved this book. I think this the perfect book to read to children during the holidays.
  A.Smith | Nov 23, 2012 |
Christmas Presents is a small book of Christmas poems that are very easy for young readers to read. I love the large print and the double-page, full-bled illustrations. The large print makes it very easy for young readers to follow. These short poems put me in the Christmas spirit. ( )
  Klefort | Nov 11, 2012 |
This was a wonderful book of poems because all of the poems flowed together to tell a story. This book talks about how many children or even some adults do not ever want Christmas to go away. They love seeing the lights, the hidden presents, hearing the whispered secrets, the baking, and decorating. But, the hardest part is the wait. Children cannot wait for Christmas to come, but yet they never want it to leave, so I feel that the wait is somehow important. This book also touches upon the religious background of Christmas and how it came to be. The true meaning is about celebrating the birth of Jesus. I liked knowing that a child acknowledges this aspect in Christmas because it was written from a little girl's point of view. Teach your children that Christmas is a fun holiday because of all the joy it brings with all sorts of fun events, but we must not let our children forget or never learn about the true meaning and reason for Christmas. ( )
  klsulliv | Oct 24, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006008054X, Hardcover)

Deck the halls, hang the stockings, and celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with this festive book of poetry for beginning readers!

From the excitement of looking for hidden Christmas presents to the solemnity of Midnight Mass, the differing moods and meanings of Christmas are brought to life in these joyful poems, perfectly complemented by the vibrant, rich artwork of illustrator Melanie Hall.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:37 -0400)

A collection of poems by a variety of authors celebrating the various aspects of Christmas.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,743,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible