The Spy Went Dancing by Aline, Countess of…

The Spy Went Dancing (1990)

by Aline, Countess of Romanones

I'm actually enjoying this series more than I expected. When I started the series I didn't think that the Countess's adventures were actually true but after reading the first two books in the series I started to think that some of it is true after all. This book had a lot of information about life in Spain from her personal point of view which I found more interesting than the European history class that I was forced to sit through in high school. There are also some photos in this book that make the whole thing seem a little more real. ( )
  R0BIN | Apr 27, 2013 |
Valerie Plame wasn't the first beauty to work as a spy; there's a lot of eye-crossing intrigue here, and plenty of society snooping.
  golf1951 | Nov 13, 2007 |
Again, this is a true story. Its a fast read and an interesting one. Well worth the time. Aline tells in this book about her life 20 years after WWII, when her CIA boss asks her to follow through on leads that only she could as a member of the very priviledged royal set. She entertains Jackie Kennedy (after the assasination and before Onasis). She knows kings, queens, Audrey Hepburn and the Windsors. She involves Wallace Simpson Windsor in her intrigues. Good glimpses into the royal and priviledged life. Even husband Luis becomes involved. ( )
  MacNana829 | Aug 6, 2007 |
For Alvaro
For Alvaro, El Abuelo
For Alvaro, my son,
For Alvaro, my grandson
Madrid was windy and cold, but the sky was sharp blue and cloudless that January of 1945.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039913509X, Hardcover)

In 1966, with World War II over for more than 20 years, a CIA operative, code-named "Tiger", is called out of semi-retirement to uncover a highly-placed NATO mole who is threatening US security. "Tiger" is Aline, Countess of Romanones, an internationally prominent socialite who can mix comfortably in the right European circles and charm people into saying more than they intend. To succeed in her mission, Aline must recruit a trusted friend whose loyalty is unquestioned, a native American susceptible to the pressures of patriotism - The Duchess of Windsor. "The Spy Went Dancing" moves from society drawing rooms to encounters in dark, dangerous alleys to provide a story of real-life intrigue. It is a sequel to "The Spy Wore Red".

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:07 -0400)

Sequel to: The Spy Wore Red. The memoirs of Aline, Countess of Romanones who is called out of semiretirement by the CIA to uncover a highly placed NATO mole.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible