Treasures in Darkness by Betters

Treasures in Darkness

by Betters

161615,960 (4)None
B2 (1) biography (1) borrowed-inhouse (1) Counseling (2) death (1) grief (2) memory (1) own (1) pain (1) Scripture (1) suffering (1) to-read (2)

Treasures in Darkness will help you turn your heart toward God no matter what the midnight darkness in your life.

We all expect our parents to precede us in death. No one expects to have to make their child's funeral arrangements. And the loss of a child brings with it a special and persistent manifestation of grief that can feel "like a stomachache that never ends. Grieving is a lifelong process. This book helped me through some rough moments. Grieving is a lifelong process. This book helped me through some rough moments.

Hope resounds on every page. This, by far, is the best book I have read. It spoke to my heart, understood what I am going through, gave me a greater sense of the world at large and gave me hope and suggestions. The author is truly gifted and you won't regret reading this book. It's a keeper. The greatest gain has been the increase of my capacity to know, understand and love God. ( )
  MaryAnn12 | May 5, 2013 |

Have you struggled with grief? Struggled to understand God's sovereignty in the face of sudden loss, much less embrace it, rest in it? In this remarkably honest book, Sharon Betters tells us the full story of her teenage son's sudden death in a car accident just over ten years ago. Sharon opens up her private journal to describe and express the raw grief, anger, and hunger to understand how God can be good and loving, and still take away her sixteen-year old son. She draws us to a passage from Isaiah that carries God's promise to provide treasures for his people in the very midst of darkness and trouble.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:52 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,779,915 books! | Top bar: Always visible