My Friend is Sad by Mo Willems

My Friend is Sad (2007)

by Mo Willems

In this book Piggie attempts to cheer up Gerald (the elephant). Young children will be able to relate to this characters and to times when they felt sad or tried to comfort a sad friend. This book will help children to develop emotional literacy.
  scoomber | May 3, 2017 |
This is the first Elephant and Piggie book I have read but judging from the number of them at the library it will not be my last. The large text and familiar, reoccurring characters makes these great books for children who are beginning to read.
  kmcfadden | Apr 11, 2017 |
Do you love the author Mo Willems? Well do I have the best book for you! The Elephant and Piggie series is so perfect that I have it in my book box at school! When I read it it's so funny and cute and happy.So when you read the happy parts of the book you will love it. If you are wondering were to get it is almost at any store! I love Elephant and Piggie. There are so many funny parts to read. I think you should get Mo Willems.I rate this book 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Awesome 😉😉😉
  Roslyn_First_Grade | Apr 6, 2017 |
Have you ever read a book called my friend is sad by Mo Williams? read it my favorite part is when Piggiy as a robot what is your favorite part. I'd give it five stars. My friend is sad compared to a Harry Potter book my friend is sad is better read it it is going to be awesome. I like my friend is sad when they are happy. I love the book because piggy and Gerald do and everything party. Go read it it will be awesome. ( )
  Roslyn_First_Grade | Mar 23, 2017 |
Gerald is sad and Piggie can't seem to figure out why! Piggie tries dressing up as a clown, a cowboy, and a robot but can't make Elephant happy. Then Piggie shows up as himself and Gerald is finally happy! This book has a small vocabulary and a lot of pictures to help children decode what the words may be.
  mercedeslillian | Mar 18, 2017 |
To my friend Marcia
Ohhh.....

When Gerald the Elephant is sad, Piggie is determined cheer him up, but finds after many tries that it only takes the simplest thing to change Gerald's mood.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,625,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible