My Friend is Sad by Mo Willems

My Friend is Sad

by Mo Willems

How do cheer up a sad friend? Well when the reason he is sad is because he is away from you, there is only one solution... ( )
  Davis22 | May 26, 2016 |
Classic Mo Willems Piggie and Elephant story. Gerald is down in the dumps but Piggie is determined to cheer him up! He tries by dressing as a cowboy, a clown, and a robot. Nothing works until he finds the perfect way to cheer up Gerald! ( )
  JenHopkins | Nov 8, 2015 |
I didn't really appreciated this series until we heard a read aloud at a local bookstore. Giving Gerald and Piggie special and unique voices and over the top expressions make these so much fun! Henry thought this one was VERY funny. He especially liked the robot costume. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Piggie does everything he can to make Gerald feel better, but it turns out being himself is all that his buddy needed.
  Stephanie_Addison | Oct 14, 2015 |
I liked reading this book for multiple reasons. First, I liked that all of the text appears in speech bubbles coming from the characters. This creates a fun and easy way for readers to follow along with what Piggie and Gerald are saying. I also liked that the illustrator left the background of each page blank. This allows for the reader to focus fully on the events taking place in the story. The big idea of this story is that little gestures of kindness can go a long way. When Gerald is sad Piggie tries to cheer him up by dressing up in various costumes. Although this was a small gesture, it made Gerald feel happy again and truly appreciate the effort his friend made. ( )
  KerryMcLaughlin | Sep 16, 2015 |

When Gerald the Elephant is sad, Piggie is determined cheer him up, but finds after many tries that it only takes the simplest thing to change Gerald's mood.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,885,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible