Miss Invisible by Laura Jensen Walker

Miss Invisible

by Laura Jensen Walker

For the most part I really liked this book - there were just a few things that I had to wonder about. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Sweet book. I liked that the heroine did not lose a ton of weight to be happy. Minimal religion, but definitely preachy in parts. Read it quickly and remember little of it. No sex at all, no innuendo, totally G rated. ( )
  EllenAvondale | Mar 31, 2013 |
  Ellen1213 | Mar 30, 2013 |
I had read "Reconstructing Natalie" before meeting the author at my sister's church 's summer book club meeting and this was the other book to be read; and some read both books. I really enjoyed the humor, and the food descriptions made me hungry It even got a bit sad near the end, but all turned out fine. I hope to read more of this author in the future. ( )
  eliorajoy | Sep 28, 2012 |
Left by a patron at the one of the local spots that has a BookCrossing bookshelf, so I left a book in it's place and thought I'd give it a try. It's a romance about a big girl, rather than a stick thin New York Magazine/PR/fashion person. Plus it's got cake in it.

Light, diversionary read, with bits about catering and cooking that interested me, and other bits that left me 100% cold. But the underlying theme of be true to yourself and trust in God, is a good one, to my mind. There were a couple of plot details that really bugged me, but this isn't fine literature we're talkin' about, so I let it ride. I may hold this til the next meetup because I think one of the local bookcrossers would enjoy this. Maybe. Maybe not. I am often wrong. ( )
1 vote bookczuk | Dec 24, 2008 |
It is never too late to be what you might have been. ---George Eliot
For Lonnie, who took a chance on me when I was feeling invisible.
And for all those women who feel invisible---whether by size, age, or circumstances . . . The old hymn says, "His eye is on the sparrow." His eye is on you.
One size does not fit all.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,259,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible