Systematic Theology: An Introduction to…

Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine (1994)

by Wayne Grudem

This is my go-to source for my questions about the doctrine and teachings in the Bible. Wayne Grudem writes in an easy to understand style and, I think, does a very balanced approach on controversial issues. I have other systematic theology books, but rarely pull them off the self in favor of this one. ( )
  rcalbright | Sep 5, 2017 |
A classic systematic theology text. Very in-depth yet still readable. ( )
1 vote Lenow | Dec 3, 2010 |
I've recommended this book in a general discussion of "Best Books in Systematic Theology": http://douggeivett.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/best-books-in-systematic-theology/ ( )
  RDGlibrary | Nov 28, 2010 |
Excellent reference book for the old and new in Christ Jesus ( )
  Centurion24553 | Oct 23, 2010 |
Clear introduction to Systematic Theology. Very helpful for both the thology student and those wanting a great understanding of Christian Church doctrine. ( )
1 vote Abletms | Sep 27, 2010 |
Information from the All Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
This book is dedicated to eight people whom God sovereignly brought into my life:

Arden and Jean Grudem, my parents, who taught me to believe the Bible, to trust in God, and to speak and write clearly;

A. Kenneth Ham, my Baptist pastor, who awakened in me a love for systematic theology by teaching a class on Christian doctrine when I was thirteen years old, and who taught me by example to believe every word of Scripture;

Edmund Clowney, John Frame, and Vern Poythress, Westminster Seminary professors and friends, who influenced my theological understanding more than anyone else, and who taught me Reformed theology in humble submission to every word of Scripture;

and Harald Bredesen and John Wimber, pastors and friends, who, more than anyone else, taught me about the power and work of the Holy Spirit.

The Christian church has a long tradition of systematic theology, that is, studying theology and doctrine organized around fairly standard categories such as the Word of God, redemption, and Jesus Christ. This introduction to systematic theology has several distinctive features: - A strong emphasis on the scriptural basis for each doctrine and teaching - Clear writing, with technical terms kept to a minimum - A contemporary approach, treating subjects of special interest to the church today - A friendly tone, appealing to the emotions and the spirit as well as the intellect - Frequent application to life - Resources for worship with each chapter - Bibliographies with each chapter that cross-reference subjects to a wide range of other systematic theologies.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:57 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,588,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible