Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry…

Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter

by Alison Hansel

The author, an avid knitter and Harry Potter fan, became enthralled with the idea of creating patterns for knitted projects after she saw the first Potter movie and fell in love with the Weasley boys and their sweaters. This book includes everything from a wizard cap and robe, an invisibility shawl, Dobbie's socks, house sweaters and scarves, to Christmas ornaments and a stuffed owl. Most of the patterns seem doable for beginners and intermediate knitters but a few are quite challenging. I don't know how practical most of the items are but the author had quite an iventive idea and some of these whimsical projects are just plain fun. Golden snitch ball ornaments, anyone? ( )
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
I love Harry Potter...and I love knitting...so to me this book promises many hours of creative Harry Potter fun! I like the way the book is organized, with visits with the Weasleys, a knitter's exploration of Diagon Alley and a creative foray into Hogwarts, with all sorts of awesome magical patterns. So glad I was able to get a hold of this one for my collection! ( )
  KindleKapers | Jan 30, 2012 |
In my opinion this is a must have for knitters who like Harry Potter. Some of these patterns are available free online, however. The patterns are mostly from the movies, and only go through the third or fourth movie, but the patterns are well thought out, and actually resemble the items of the characters. ( )
  galenag | Aug 24, 2010 |
For a beginning knitter like myself, most of these projects are far too advanced, so this is not that satisfying or helpful as a source from which to learn. Still, if you're a very serious Harry Potter fan, and are therefore willing to bang your head against learning to knit until you can produce the items described, it is an absolute must have. Moreover, there are one or two beginner pieces in here that make it worthwhile, especially the ubiquitous and much-sought house scarves. ( )
  asfoora_abla | Aug 12, 2009 |
If you are like me and love knitting and love Harry Potter, then this book is what you are looking for. It has awesome patterns for scarves, gloves, and all kinds of Harry Potter related knits that are fun. ( )
  camarie | Feb 17, 2009 |
To all the children who inspire us to write and knit and believe. They are truly magical.

Sit and Knit a Spell

You'll soon be knitting enchanting things you didn't know were within your powers. Charmed Knits offers dozens of patterns for items that evoke the mystique of Harry Potter - a Wizard Robe, an Invisibility Shawl, a Quidditch Sweater, Ron's Ragg Raglan, a Clock Blanket, Harry Christmas Ornaments, and more. Easy-to-follow patterns, color photos of the finished projects, and illustrations of special stitch patterns and design elements make it easy for all knitters - from beginners to those at Mrs. Weasley's level - to work knitting magic. Charmed Knits whisks you away on a wonderful journey. Along the way, you can pick patterns inspired by the Weasleys, stock up at Diagon Alley, show your house colors, conjure up gifts, or create pieces to help you feel at home in the magical world of Harry Potter.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:42 -0400)

This unique book features 30 patterns that celebrate popular Harry Potter characters and places. Knitters can create initial sweaters for Harry, Ron, Fred, and George; sweaters, scarves, mittens, hats, and socks in the house colors of Hogwarts; themed items such as cloaks, robes, stuffed toys, and a blanket; and more. A bonus craft project lets readers "magically" hold a work in progress. Easy-to-follow patterns and color photos showing the finished projects inspire both beginners and experienced knitters.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,520,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible