Children of War by Susan Goodman

Children of War

by Susan Goodman

It feels like I’ve been reading Susan Goodman’s Children of War forever. It has been a rather long time, since sometime before Christmas. I was reading it only at night before I shut off the light so it was slow going.

Children of War looks at WWII from the memories of those where were children in Britain at the time (and a few British who were on the French coast). It was interesting as little is usually documented from that group, save a few teenage memoirs.

Read the rest here. ( )
  sassymonkey | Dec 30, 2008 |
While I wouldn't call the book gripping, I have to say I found it very interesting. It answered more questions than I knew I had about the war. Since moving here I have been very interested in learning more about evacuation and this book told me a good deal. I want to know more and I think I may have found a book in the author's sources that I will eventually read. Being about war, this book could have been a real downer. I applaud the author for managing to keep it from being so. ( )
  BoundTogetherForGood | Oct 19, 2008 |

Capturing the amazing experiences of a special generation, Susan Goodman brings together the dramatic, amusing, poignant and everyday stories from those who grew up during the Second World War.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,391,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible