YuYu Hakusho, Volume 19 by Yoshihiro Togashi

YuYu Hakusho, Volume 19

by Yoshihiro Togashi

And it's over :(

This volume is more of a tie up, like an epilogue. It's rushed, even in the anime the last arc is rushed, almost like the writer/Author is saying... Lets just get this over with, so I can move on to something else.. That makes me sad.

Though everything does get tied up in a nice little bow, I'm still left feeling unsatisfied. In truth, even though there are more stories left in the mange that are not shown in the anime. The anime did a better job of putting the series to an end. (Mainly because Yusuke and Keiko finally kiss!)

In all, though I'm left with a, meh, feeling, I am happy about this volume. More about what happened in the sprite world(after the fact) is explained, and Koenma plays a bigger role.

We get to see him step up and face his father. In the anime that is left out, balls on their part. I've always like Koenma and in the anime they made him out to be, well, a pansy.

In saying all that, and with a halfassed ending, I still loved this series. And I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a great story that is full of fighting, character development, strong world building and most of all, a story that will pull your heart strings on every page, and in some cases, break your heart all together.

Happy reading

-Emily ( )
  E.A.Walsh | Jun 11, 2015 |
This series is fantastic! If you haven't read this series then you need to. Now. I usually have the most problems with how a series is ended but YuYu Hakusho is a refreshing change. I originally saw the anime in the 90's and didn't pick up the manga until years later. The anime was great and the ending was alright. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with it and always wished for a slightly different ending. When I read the manga I was prepared to feel the same way, but it does differ from the anime and I am much more satisfied with this ending. I'd love to see a one, maybe two volume sequel taking place a few years after the ending, or a few volumes before the series takes place (I'm a sucker for Hiei and Kurama and would love to see more about either or both of them) but I don't think we are going to get anything after all this time. Overall, this is an excellent series that, in my opinion, never gets as much attention and love as it deserves. ( )
  Anvity | Feb 5, 2015 |

"The final volume of Yoshiro Togashi's legendary fighting manga!"--P. [4] of cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible