Fit for Life by Harvey Diamond

Fit for Life

by Harvey Diamond

Other authors: taubedwarda (Preface)

Series: Fit for Life (1)

English (4)  Dutch (1)  All languages (5)
Half of this book is filled with recipes that are tasty and easy to make, contributed by Marilyn Diamond. The other half is written by Harvey Diamond, who has found a sure way to stay healthy and slim. They have a lot of important things to tell you, how to eat and when, how to combine foods, how to detoxify your body, menus for healthy vegetarian meals, eating fruit properly. The only thing I find missing in the menus is grains, so I add them. This diet comes so naturally and is so easy to adopt. You learn to make choices and love the right kinds of food. It's that easy. ( )
  justmeRosalie | May 22, 2013 |
If you are interested in learning about a healthier way of eating, then this book is for you. I bought this book when it was first published in the mid 1980′s. It is not a diet, but rather a modification of the way you eat. Yes, you will lose weight, but you will also feel better and have more energy. You can do as much or as little modification of your diet as you choose. While the authors stress a meat-free diet, and the underlying message is that a vegetarian or vegan diet is healthier, they recognize that not all of us can do a vegetarian diet and include recipes with meat and fish.

The criticisms of this program is that it lacks scientific backing. I don’t find that to be a concern; this is not a diet plan where you are taking pills or steered into unhealthy eating. You make as much or as little change to your diet to lose weight, gain energy and feel good. You will not be hungry on the Fit For Life program.

One of the permanent lifestyle changes I made from reading this book was to eat fruit in the morning and to stop eating heavy, calorie filled foods like pastry for breakfast. Okay, a few times a year I still have my bacon and pancakes, but the majority of the time I have fruit. The immediate result was to lose 5 pounds and it has stayed off and I feel better. I have incorporated many of the suggestions in this book into my diet and occasionally still refer back to it as a reference. ( )
  UnderMyAppleTree | Aug 4, 2010 |
Read
  wlchui | Aug 2, 2009 |
www.thebookpond.se ( )
  anlor43 | Apr 15, 2007 |

Harvey Diamondprimary authorall editionscalculated
taubedwardaPrefacesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446300152, Mass Market Paperback)

"It is not only what you eat that makes the difference, but also of extreme importance is when you eat it and in what combinations," say Harvey and Marilyn Diamond, authors of this classic bestseller. Their program results in eating balanced, nutritious, high-fiber foods, making dieting "unnecessary and as obsolete as sealing wax."

The Diamonds explain that body functions have a daily cycle: noon to 8 p.m.-- appropriation (eating and digestion); 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.--assimilation (absorption and use); 4 a.m. to noon--elimination (of body wastes and food debris). Fit for Life aims to return you to a lifestyle based on your natural body cycles. That means 70 percent of your diet should be "high-water-content foods"--fruits and vegetables--which facilitate all body functions. Consume nothing but fruit or fruit juice until noon, then eat salad and vegetables with every meal for the rest of the day.

Two-thirds of the book is explanation and discussion; one-third is menu plans and recipes. You won't be hungry, your food choices will be healthy, and you'll lose weight without dieting. --Joan Price

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:42 -0400)

Contains an eating program teaching how to eat in accordance with your natural digestive cycles and a four-week meal plan.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,373,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible