Nobody Loves a Ginger Baby by Laura Marney

Nobody Loves a Ginger Baby

by Laura Marney

Both my OH and my daughter have red hair so I felt compelled to read this book - expecting a rant against redheads I was pleasantly surprised.
I really liked this book it was believable, dry, funny and sad. I dont remember the last time I actually laughed out loud while reading a book but just thinking about Donnie on the cruise still starts me off laughing!

There is some adult content in this book - one incident in particular goes into a bit too much detail. This didnt bother me but has made me a wee bit concerned about lending it to my M-I-L who wants to read it as she has had 3 ginger baby's - think I will have to give her a warning.

The author is scottish and quite a bit of the dialogue might need a second glance if your not scottish but nothing that isnt easily understood.

Having previously read 'No Wonder I Take a Drink' by Ms Marney, which was ok but nothing outstanding, I was apprehensive about Ginger Baby. But all in all a great book, I would heartily recommend it to anyone wanting a laugh. ( )
  Esiotrot | Apr 23, 2008 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,004,734 books! | Top bar: Always visible