The Orphan's Promise by Pierre Grimbert

The Orphan's Promise (1996)

by Pierre Grimbert

022 (1) 1997 (1) 2007 (1) book club (1) demons (1) ebook (3) emprunt (1) fan (1) fantasy (16) fiction (1) French (1) German (1) gods (1) Kindle (1) Kindle Edition (1) literature cz (1) magic (1) men (1) own (1) paperback (1) Pierre Grimbert (1) sf (1) T (1) to read pile (1) to-read (2) VF (1) want (1)

I received a copy of this book through Goodreads' First Reads.
I waited to read the book till I got a copy of the first book in the series - and I'm glad I did. This is definitely a case of one-story-split-into-parts, not just stories that happen to be set in the same world. As with the first installment ('Six Heirs') the ending leaves the reader hanging... but I pretty much expected that.

As the story opens, the group of six is fleeing assassin-priests. Their goal is to stay alive, and find out who it is that wants them dead, and why. To this aim, there is much weapons-training, magic-learning, and investigating.

For those who enjoy classic fantasy, with both feet planted firmly in the tropes of the genre, I'd recommend this series.
  AltheaAnn | Feb 9, 2016 |
Loué soit Euridys
Il s'agit du tome 2 de l'édition en 4 volumes parue chez Mnémos, à ne pas confondre avec le tome 2 de l'édition intégrale en 2 volumes chez J'ai Lu.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,977,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible