Vampire Doll: Guilt-na-Zan, Vol. 1 by Erika…

Vampire Doll: Guilt-na-Zan, Vol. 1

by Erika Kari

It was cute and funny and I love the way the fourth wall is broken. I like the bat man character best. However, it just isn't stellar so far. There is something a bit formulaic to the story. It was, however, a nice light read for when I was sick. I would like to read more but I can't see myself buying the next one new. Reading the others is not really a big priority for me. ( )
  aurelas | Dec 23, 2016 |
I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to. The art can be confusing at times (mostly because all the characters are basically twins), but I enjoy the silliness and all the breaking of the fourth wall. It's a fun read. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Oct 7, 2016 |
This series is like no other I've read. Sure, it can be compared, and even found similar to others, but in the end there is some unidentifiable quality to it that has made it my favorite.

It's a fun and light read without being shallow, frivolous, or goofy. The characters are lovable, and the art is nice. If you like manga, give it a try. ( )
  broccolima | Jan 26, 2014 |
The first in a manga series following vampire Guilt-na-Zan. He was imprisoned by an exorcist into a cross 100 years ago. One of the original exorcists decendents (Kyoji) decides to unleash him again upon the world and releases him from his prison. There is one catch, he doesn't release him into his origianl male, vampire body. instead Guilt-na-Za is released into the body of a pretty girl doll and is now referred to as Guilt-na. The worst of it is he/she was only resurrected as Kyoji needed a maid to clean up after him!

As the plot progresses it turns out he is able to get his origianl body with all it's powers and strengths back for short periods of time by drinking the blood of Kyoji's sister, Tonae. He needs to do this a couple of times as Kyoji's idiot twin brother Kyoichi is trying to steal Guilt-na so he can have his/her power. Another cross is found containing Vincent who turns out to be a long lost friend of Guilt-na-Zan. As well as being foreced to be a maid, Guilt-na-Zan is also sent to take on a demon at the local school who is absorbing wickedness from the pupils and making the boys fall in love with each other.

Good fun but it got very confusing when the demon at the school appeared which let it down. There were some strange references to Kyoji liking pretty young girls and not women, but that might just be a cultural or translational difficulty. There were some extra comics strips at the back with some funny notes in the margins by the author which I enjoyed. Seems she is a big fan of deserts as well as manga! ( )
  Rhinoa | May 22, 2008 |

100 years ago the vampire aristocrat Guilt-Na-Zan was sealed in a cross by a powerful exorcist. In modern times he is released by Kyoji, a descendant of the original exorcist, but finds himself in the body of a wax doll shaped like a cute girl. Only when he sucks the blood of darling Tonae, Kyoji's younger sister, can he transform back into his original self, and then only for a few minutes. He is otherwise subject to Kyoji's whims, be it serving as a maid and cook or dressing up as a schoolgirl to track down a demon.

Only by drinking the blood of Tonae, Kyoji's pure hearted younger sister, can he return to his true form. With the amount of blood he is allowed to take (1cc, a number set by Kyoji) he can only turn into his true form for about 10 minutes. However, after smelling a perfume created by Kyoji, made from Tonae's blood, he can turn into his true form. However, the perfume has a delayed reaction, so he can never know when the transformation will happen, or what side effects can occur. One major side effect of the perfume is that, every full moon, Guilt-na-Zan changes back to his true form for that night, until the moon sets.

Guilt-na-Zan has to defeat evil entities of all sorts for Kyoji, who is too lazy to defeat them himself, as well as fend off Kyoji's idiot twin brother Kyo'ichi (or, as he likes to be known, "Night Veil"). Kyo'ichi frees Vincent (a literal bat-man, or a bat who assumes human form) who happens to be Guilt-na's best friend. When the two meet up, Vincent abandons Kyo'ichi and becomes Kyoji's butler.

Released after more than a century by the exorcist who banished him, aristocratic vampire Guilt-na-Zan is transformed into a female doll, and the only way he can regain his true form is by sucking the blood of the exorcist's sister.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,557,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible