A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire,…

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4) (original 2005; edition 2005)

by George R. R. Martin

Member:FrJody
Title:A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
Authors:George R. R. Martin
Info:Spectra (2005), Hardcover
Tags:Fiction, Fantasy

A Feast For Crows by George R. R. Martin (2005)

Terrier by Tamora Pierce (swampygirl)
    swampygirl: Reading this book made me feel like I was rereading all of Pierce's books over again, and this one probably matches up the most closely.

English (364)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (5)  German (4)  French (2)  English (1)  Polish (1)  English (1)  Hungarian (1)  Danish (1)  Catalan (1)  English (386)
A great number of people are very critical of this book. I might have been also had I been forced to wait 6 years before diving into A Dance With Dragons. With any luck, the next two books won't take nearly as long to write and publish. I almost certainly have a dissenting opinion here, but I enjoyed this installment more than A Clash of Kings. For whatever reason, the first half of that book just didn't grab me. And even though some of my favorite characters were absent from Crows, I was completely enraptured with the ones that were present and the newly introduced characters. Though I admit I grew weary of hearing from Cersei so often. I find great happiness when characters I love to hate get a taste of their own medicine (even if in a small way). And I find myself warming up to characters who I previously loathed. Martin is tricky that way. I hope A Dance with Dragons is just as enjoyable! ( )
  Heather_Brock | Nov 23, 2016 |
In a word? Amazing :) ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
Is it Tuesday yet? ( )
  gayla.bassham | Nov 7, 2016 |
This was my least favorite of the series, not because it's a bad book, but because my favorite characters are not in it. It's still a great read. ( )
  Sareene | Oct 22, 2016 |
Eat from what you have cooked to others Cersei *evil laugh* ha ha ha ha :P

So this book has neglected many characters. Not that the writer forgot them, oh no he did not. He mentioned at the end of the book that he wrote about them but the book has become to big to be published in one volume that's why some characters have been cut. I really wanted to read about them.

Well, the book didn't have much to say, but i loved the events. What have become of Cersei and Jaime. Also Arya and how Sansa's name has been changed to Alayne.

The first book was a struggle, the second book was bit easier. But the third and fourth book were really easy to read and comprehend. We are introduced to new characters in this book but still it was very easy to read and finish in a short time considering it's almost 700 pages. ( )
  books.paper.mania | Oct 20, 2016 |
In the wrong hands, a big ensemble like this can be deadly, but Martin is a tense, surging, insomnia-inflicting plotter and a deft and inexhaustible sketcher of personalities... this is as good a time as any to proclaim him the American Tolkien.
added by Shortride | editTime, Lev Grossman (Nov 13, 2005)

George R. R. Martinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Canty, ThomasCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Stephen Boucher wizard of Windows, dragon of DOS without whom this book would have been written in crayon
"Dragons," said Mollander. He snatched a withered apple off the ground and tossed it hand to hand.
Characters you miss
Replaced with plotless boredom
Brownian motion
(amweb)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 055358202X, Mass Market Paperback)

GAME OF THRONES: A NEW ORIGINAL SERIES, NOW ON HBO.

Few books have captivated the imagination and won the devotion and praise of readers and critics everywhere as has George R. R. Martin’s monumental epic cycle of high fantasy. Now, in A Feast for Crows, Martin delivers the long-awaited fourth book of his landmark series, as a kingdom torn asunder finds itself at last on the brink of peace . . . only to be launched on an even more terrifying course of destruction.

A FEAST FOR CROWS

It seems too good to be true. After centuries of bitter strife and fatal treachery, the seven powers dividing the land have decimated one another into an uneasy truce. Or so it appears. . . . With the death of the monstrous King Joffrey, Cersei is ruling as regent in King’s Landing. Robb Stark’s demise has broken the back of the Northern rebels, and his siblings are scattered throughout the kingdom like seeds on barren soil. Few legitimate claims to the once desperately sought Iron Throne still exist—or they are held in hands too weak or too distant to wield them effectively. The war, which raged out of control for so long, has burned itself out.

But as in the aftermath of any climactic struggle, it is not long before the survivors, outlaws, renegades, and carrion eaters start to gather, picking over the bones of the dead and fighting for the spoils of the soon-to-be dead. Now in the Seven Kingdoms, as the human crows assemble over a banquet of ashes, daring new plots and dangerous new alliances are formed, while surprising faces—some familiar, others only just appearing—are seen emerging from an ominous twilight of past struggles and chaos to take up the challenges ahead.

It is a time when the wise and the ambitious, the deceitful and the strong will acquire the skills, the power, and the magic to survive the stark and terrible times that lie before them. It is a time for nobles and commoners, soldiers and sorcerers, assassins and sages to come together and stake their fortunes . . . and their lives. For at a feast for crows, many are the guests—but only a few are the survivors.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

After centuries of bitter strife, the seven powers dividing the land have beaten one another into an uneasy truce. But it's not long before the survivors, outlaws, renegades, and carrion eaters of the Seven Kingdoms gather. Now, as the human crows assemble over a banquet of ashes, daring new plots and dangerous new alliances are formed while surprising faces--some familiar, others only just appearing--emerge from an ominous twilight of past struggles and chaos to take up the challenges of the terrible times ahead. Nobles and commoners, soldiers and sorcerers, assassins and sages, are coming together to stake their fortunes ... and their lives. For at a feast for crows, many are the guests-- but only a few are the survivors.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,638,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible