Growing Soft Fruit [Garden farming series]…

Growing Soft Fruit [Garden farming series]

by Roy Genders

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added bySylak, hay123, khirst

This is an expert guide to growing rhubarb, gooseberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, red/white currants, blueberries, cranberries, blackberries and loganberries; by one of the former experts in the field.

There is also a good overview of the background history of fruit growing in the UK before the Second World War and up to the late 1970s.

As a small-scale fruit grower myself, I shall be looking to increase my yeald this coming year, and be referring heavily on this book (as well as the later 1994 book 'Best Soft Fruit' by Stefan Buczacki - especially for the section on growing Cape gooseberries).

I like the fact that the author Roy Genders formally managed one of the largest areas under cultivation in Britain, and has since become a proliffic author on the subject of gardening. He speaks with real practical experience and his advice is priceless.

For more detailed information on pruning fruit trees and shrubs see the Foyles Handbook 'Pruning' by the same author. ( )
  Sylak | Nov 5, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,158,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible