Felix Feels Better by Rosemary Wells

Felix Feels Better

by Rosemary Wells

felix is not feeling too well. a book that discusses how we can get sick but also how to keep our bodies healthy
1 book
  TUCC | Jul 31, 2017 |
Although, if you can be really critical about parts of this book, I thought it was a cute book over all. I thought the best part of the book was when he was nervous that his mom was going to have to leave the room in the doctor's office. I specifically remember telling my mom that same thing. I think Rosemary Wells did a good job on writing a story about feelings that a child may have while going to the doctor's office. ( )
  racheich | Jan 31, 2011 |
This book is about a boy that ate too much and had a horrible bellyache. His mother tried everything and could not make him feel better so he went to the doctor and now he is better.

A good book for really young kids. It shows that doctors aren’t scary and can be good for you.

1. Have a group discussion about doctors and ask any of the kids if they have been to see a doctor.
2. Have a doctor come to class and talk about what happens when you go to see a doctor.
  Johnab1288 | Sep 19, 2009 |
I didn't like this book at all. This little child, a pre-schooler at most, somehow got into chocolate and ate too much of it before bed. He also stayed up too late. Therefore, the next day, he's dragging. His mother then takes him to the doctor because she's worried; the doctor gives him Happy Tummy, which makes him all better.

This is just such a laughable story. There's nothing at all realistic about this situation. Who would let their young child eat too much chocolate and stay up so late bouncing on the bed that the next day it makes the child tired? Who wouldn't realize that that was the issue, not that the child was sick? After all, surely the mother would have heard her child staying up too late and being rambunctious. Then the idea that the doctor just gives two spoonfuls of some sort of magic medicine and everything gets better is just laughable. The writing itself is poor and has no real flow.

I don't recommend this book to anyone. ( )
  crashingwaves38 | Jul 21, 2008 |

Acclaimed author-illustrator Rosemary Wells offers a spoonful of picture book pleasure that will have everyone feeling better!

Felix ate too many chocolate blimpies, and he doesn’t feel well. Not even Mama’s dose of sugared prunes helps him feel "perkier". So off to Doctor Duck he must go. "Don’t be afraid, my little moonbeam", says Mama. But Felix is afraid.
Best-selling author and illustrator Rosemary Wells applies her rare ability to tell a funny, heartfelt story about a common childhood experience: going to the doctor. Comforting and friendly, Doctor Duck—whom readers first met in HERE COMES MOTHER GOOSE—takes a star turn in FELIX FEELS BETTER, and Wells’s inimitable artwork will delight small children and reassure even the most reluctant young patient.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:53 -0400)

Felix feels bad and does not want to eat or play, so his mother takes him to Doctor Duck, who makes everything better.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,989,406 books! | Top bar: Always visible