The Dream Thief by Shana Abé

The Dream Thief

by Shana Abé

English (21)  French (1)  All languages (22)
Good book. This book is the second in a series following The Smoke Thief. It was very interesting. Shana Abe is such an amazing author. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
I loved the hero in this one. Zane was perfect: started as a bad boy and selfish (which fitted with his personna in The Smoke Thief), but when he came to care for the heroine he was super protective, tender, sweet, seductive and caring. Couldn't find a fault with him:) And if I didn't love him enough, the ending assured that I did!Zane and Amalia are searching for the Draumr diamond: a stone that has magical abilities where the drakon are concerned. Lia has been having some very terrifying dreams for years; dreams that her family is destroyed by the man she loves. The source of all evil, is the Draumr. Zane has been asked by the drakon, to bring them the diamond, for a hefty price. Lia plans to get to it before he does and realizes its power. As they get nearer to the diamond, their attraction gets stronger and stronger, until they can't deny it any longer. However, there can't be any future for the two of them, since Lia's family will never accept a mere mortal as her husband. Their heartache, passion and love was so vibrant for me, I almost cried for them. Great couple with great chemistry. I just couldn't get enough of them. If I have one tiny-miny complain, is that the romance took the backseat in the first half, as opposed to the adventure. But other than that, it was great. And did I already say I loved Zane?I'm not sure whether I want to go on with the rest of the series however. Reviews for the next one are not so good it seems. Decisions, decisions... ( )
  faniP | Aug 24, 2012 |
Dies ist das 2. Buch in der Reihe und auch dieses Buch hat mir sehr gut gefallen, obwohl ich das Ende etwas merkwürdig fand. Ausserdem waren einige Szenen in dem Buch nicht ausreichend erklärt und nur angedeutet. Trotz allem ein sehr unterhaltsames Buch ( )
  drachenbraut23 | Feb 22, 2011 |
ok, so what happens with me quite often when I read a series back to back is I get distracted. Like certain things I've heard already and don't need to hear again, etc. I know this about myself and should not read the next in line in a series without a break. So, what did I do? I read the second book in a series right after reading the first one.I'm giving this 5 stars because it deserves it, but I felt more like 4 stars. Zane is great. Rough around the edges. From the street urchin he was, he certainly grew up to be quite the guy. Lia was great too. Interesting to see her character develop. My problem with the H/h was I continuously compared them to the characters in the previous book and I think Christoff and Rue had more depth to their characters. ok, I'll stop bitchin'. Truly, this is a great read and I recommend it. ( )
  rainrunner | Feb 15, 2011 |
Very solid book 2. Excellent series. ( )
  SLHobbs | Mar 11, 2010 |
For beautiful, amazing Stacey, who had the strength to pull me through. I love my sister.

Shauna Summers, Annelise Robey, and Andrea Cirillo: boundless gratitude for your patience and kindness. It made a difference.

Mom and Dad, Ted and Jen, Bob, Mandy, all the kids, the rabbits and the crazy dog: you make my life better. Thanks
Once there were more of us.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553588052, Mass Market Paperback)

In the remote hills of northern England lives a powerful clan with a centuries-old secret. They are the drákon, shape-shifters who possess the ability to Turn—changing from human to smoke to dragon. And from the very stones of the earth, they hear hypnotic songs of beauty and wonder. But there is one stone they fear....

Buried deep within the bowels of the Carpathian Mountains lies the legendary dreaming diamond known as Draumr, the only gem with the power to enslave the drákon. Since childhood, Lady Amalia Langford, daughter of the clan’s Alpha, has heard its haunting ballad but kept it secret, along with another rare Gift....

Lia can hear the future, much in the way she hears the call of Draumr. And in that future, she realizes that the diamond—along with the fate of the drákon—rests in the hands of a human man, one who straddles two worlds.

Ruthlessly clever, Zane has risen through London’s criminal underworld to become its ruler. Once a street urchin saved by Lia’s mother, Zane is also privy to the secrets of the clan—and is the only human they trust to bring them Draumr. But he does nothing selflessly.

Zane’s hunt for the gem takes him to Hungary, where he is shocked to encounter a bold, beautiful young noblewoman: Lia. She has broken every rule of the drákon to join him, driven by the urgent song of Draumr—and her visions of Zane. In one future, he is her ally. In another, her overlord. In both, he is her lover. Now, to protect her tribe, Lia must tie her fate to Zane’s, to the one man capable of stealing her future—and destroying her heart....

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:25 -0400)

In eighteenth-century England, Lia, the daughter of the leader of the drakon tribe whose members can transform from human to dragon, uses her own talents to locate a powerful diamond, a gem that could allow a human to control the drakon.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,497,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible