Claymore, Volume 8: The Witch's Maw by…

Claymore, Volume 8: The Witch's Maw

by Norihiro Yagi

Series: Claymore (8)

2010 (1) 2013 (1) action (6) adventure (3) Claymore (7) demons (2) ebook (2) fantasy (12) fiction (2) goodreads (1) graphic novel (2) Helen (1) horror (2) library book (1) manga (35) monsters (2) read (1) series (1) Shonen Jump Advanced (1) shounen (15) supernatural (2) teen (1) Teresa (1) to-read (2) tragedy (1) unread (1) Viz (6) warriors (2) women warriors (1) YA (1)

This is the eighth volume in the Claymore manga series. This continues to be a really excellent series, full of action and the mysteries behind the Claymore organization.

This book wraps up the epic battle that started between Clare and Ophelia in the last book. Things end up being different then you would expect, as Ophelia has an interesting request for Clare. Clare thens goes undercover from the Organization in an attempt to find Raki. However, while Clare is searching for Raki she stumbles upon a sorely injured Claymore who begs Clare to help her friends. Clare ends up captured, along with two other Claymore, by a truly terrifying young girl who has plans for the Claymore.

Clare’s battle with Ophelia was pretty darn awesome. In the end you actually begin to feel some sympathy for the treacherous Ophelia.

Clare then begins a desperate search for Raki in the nearby town. This starts a whole new storyline when Clare meets a Claymore that is near death. Clare goes to face off with this new Awakened threat and meets a little girl who is trying to form an army of Awakened Beings.

As with all the previous books the illustration is really well done and easy to follow. The story line is progressing wonderfully. It’s full of tons of action and we meet some interesting new characters.

Overall another wonderful installment in this series. I continue to really really enjoy this series. I highly recommend this manga series to all fans of dark fantasy manga, it is a very engaging read and really well done. ( )
  krau0098 | Jun 1, 2014 |
I was unsure about starting this series at first. The first volume was interesting enough but it wasn't phenomenal. But I've come to realize with these manga series that it sometimes takes a few volumes to really engross you in the story. So it was with this series and I'm glad I read past the second volume because it took a huge turn for the better. The deep plotline emerged fairly quickly but in pieces so as to keep you wondering and coming back for more, and the artwork seemed to get better. After volume two or three I was either used to the style or it really did get better. And by volume 10 I'm loving it. The story has gone deeper. It's not just a story about action but of comradeship and betrayal and persistence and tragedy. Yagi had me at the sword fighting and demons but now I'm hooked into the story and I don't think it's going to let me go until it's finished. I'm certainly not complaining; I'm enjoying the series immensely. Recommended for fantasy and/or graphic novel fans. ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 12, 2013 |

After her battle with Ophelia, Clare is imprisoned with other Claymores, while the Yoma join forces and prepare for battle.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,385,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible