Planet X by Evangeline Anderson

Paranormal Romance. Krissa is on a shuttle that crashes, with Kurt Teague, a galactic criminal. OK+
  C4RO | Jun 2, 2015 |
I love the hero but the heroine is a little past annoying. The hero reminds me a lot of Riddick in the movie The Chronicles of Riddick. So much that I feel that Anderson is lucky she hasn't been slapped with a lawsuit, lol.

That being said, I would have given this book 4 stars for the hero alone if the heroine wasn't such a wishy-washy annoying tease. ( )
  MrsJoseph | Mar 31, 2013 |
Really enjoyable and touching story for erotica ( )
  SharonK. | Jan 24, 2012 |
**Courtesy of CK2S Kwips & Kritiques**

Sold by her parents to Briar Rose Finishing Academy when she was a young girl, Krisa Elyison has lived most of her life at the school, training to be a proper wife to the man who bought her contract from the school. Finally come of age to wed her fiancée, she finds herself drawn to the strange captive being held in the cargo hold.

They don’t come much more dangerous than Teague. When the ship transporting Krisa and Teague crash lands on Planet X, Teague promises Krisa he will see her to safety. But Krisa soon finds she never feels safer than when she is in Teague’s arms – or in more danger!

After reading Evangeline Anderson’s novel Planet X, I have made it a goal to read all of her work. While I have read and thoroughly enjoyed a few of her other books prior to this one, Planet X is the book that earned her a spot on my automatic buy list.

Being a Science Fiction fan, and especially fond of space themed stories, I was drawn to this book, and found I was not disappointed! Interestingly enough, however, the futuristic society is blended with a primitive society on Planet X, which somehow makes the story easier to identify with – a dichotomy, to be sure, since neither society in the story matches the contemporary world we live in.

Now on to the REALLY important stuff: the romance! Teague is absolutely the epitome of the misunderstood bad boy who does what he has to do to survive and protect those he loves, and yet is more tender and caring than the most sensitive ‘good guy’ you’ve ever met. He easily wins both the readers’ hearts and Krisa’s as well by the way he takes care of her.

Krisa’s character could easily be seen as an allegory for the way society presents an image of how women should look and behave. Her struggle to overcome what is essentially programming and find who she really is, fulfilling her hopes and desires is something that resonated with me, and I would wager many other women will find a piece of themselves in Krisa’s personality.

Planet X does bring a happy ending to the lovers, albeit not quite in the way you would typically expect – a fact which made me enjoy the Anderson’s story all the more.
  nashjar | Feb 16, 2008 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,986,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible