The World Turns Round and Round by Nicki…

The World Turns Round and Round

by Nicki Weiss

148480,863 (3)None

Great book for teaching students about other cultures. While reading this book I would show some of the clothing items the book mentions and show the countries on the map.
  Kendralpayne | Oct 26, 2016 |
The book describes the main characteristics of every person from different parts of the world such as race, color or even religion. Children can learn more about diversity and cultures of other people thanks to this book which also provide some languages spoken in those places.
Age: 3-6
Source: Pierce College Library
  octavio1 | May 19, 2015 |
Children describe the gifts that they have received from relatives around the world. ( )
  kidlit9 | Mar 23, 2012 |
What a wonderful book to introduce diversity! I absolutely enjoyed how many different cultures were pointed out in this book. Before I read it to a class I will make sure to learn the correct pronunciation and meaning of some of the words, because students will have many questions to ask with this one. This is a great learning book for children and a great way to help them to understand that while everyone may be different, they still have several similarities. This would be a book that I would read to my class sometime during the first week and then take the activity further by having them talk about where they're from and something that is unique about them. ( )
  kzrobin | Aug 28, 2011 |
For David
What was sent to the brow-eyed boy From his abuela in Mexico?

Whether you say mjomba or uncle, chachi or aunt, jidd or grandfather, you will recognize the love in the pages of this book. Whether your relatives live in Maine or Mexico, Colorado or Kenya, they are linked to you and you to them. The cultures that distinguish us and the families that connect us are cause for celebration in this book that shows that the world is smaller than we think.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:34 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible