Die for Me by Karen Rose

Die for Me (edition 2007)

by Karen Rose

Info:Vision (2007), Edition: First Edition, Mass Market Paperback, 584 pages
Collections:romantic suspense, Your library, Favorites
Tags:romantic suspense, mystery

Die for Me by Karen Rose

English (15)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (19)
Better than the other Karen Rose I've read so far (I Can See You and You Belong to Me). Vito and Sophie play off each other very well. Going to read the next Vartanian book with anticipation! ( )
  lesmel | May 16, 2013 |
This book was very good. The plot line and characters were all very well done. It was just a bit too dark for me. This is definitely not a book to read if you are at all squeamish or don't like anything too graphic. That was the only reason I gave it only 2 stars. ( )
  Irishcontessa | Mar 30, 2013 |
I have stated several times that Karen Rose is the best romantic suspense author around, hands down. This book is a reaffirmation of that statement. This is a dark serial killer thriller with medieval torture devices and a very cold blooded sociopathic killer.
Sophie, an archaeologist,is called in by Detective Vito Ciccotelli to help with a mass grave discovered in Philadelphia. Sophie has a very strange family and upbringing, plus she hasn't had much luck in the romance department. She and Vito have an instant connection, but Sophie is wary. As the investigation progresses, Sophie finds she is on the killer's short list.
There are several little stories going on in the beginning. We are introduced to Daniel Vartanian and his family. We also follow Vito and Nick and the team as they investigate the murders of the people found in the graves, and we are also following a video game corporation. Of course, we are also following the budding romance between Vito and Sophie. Sometimes the switch between the story threads came to too quickly and I had trouble changing gears, thus making it hard for me to get into the story at first. But, once the stories started to merge and I was able to see where it was all tying together I was really into the book.
There were a few loose ends. The next book "Sream for Me" hopefully addresses some of these loose ends. This is fairly thick book -568 pages in paperback form. But, the story never lagged and wasn't just a bunch of filler. This maybe wasn't my all time favorite Karen Rose novel. I did like Vito a lot. He was the perfect hero. He was strong, able, smart , but not full of himself and arrogant and over the top alpha male. I thought he would be really good for Sophie. I was happy Sophie finally found some peace regarding her career and some stability in her personal life. Over a B+ ( )
  gpangel | Nov 9, 2012 |
4.5 stars. reviewed for AAR ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Karen Rose’s books that I had to try them out and since my favorite bookstore had the whole trilogy in store I got them all at once.

This story is about Vito Ciccotelli, a detective who is called in to investigate a body found in a field. He gets help from an archaeologist, Sophie Johannsen, with scanning the field for more bodies. They end up with sixteen graves but there are only nine bodies so they instantly know that the killer isn’t done yet.
There is an instant attraction between the two, but due to the emotional baggage they both carry with them, they have some miscommunications and it really doesn’t start of on the right foot. Normally it would irritate me when both main characters have these issues and/or are damaged, but that didn’t happen this time. Karen Rose did an awesome job of making Vito and Sophie very likeable characters. Yes they have encountered things in life in which they have trouble acting on the attraction they have for each other but it doesn’t inflict everything in there life or investigating these murders.

This book also features scenes through the eyes of the killer, which gives you more of an insight in his sadistic mind. This is one of the most disturbing killers I read in any book. He is heartless, has absolutely no conscious or regard for life and his methods just monstrous. He does what needs to be done for his own agenda and has absolutely no intent on playing games with the police and makes sure there are no traces that lead back to him.
This does make for some scenes which might be a little hard for some people to read. You get a little bit of torture scenes through the eyes of both the killer and the victims. Also the injuries on the victims are quite graphically described.

Karen Rose did a great job in developing the characters, even the secondary characters too. It’s hard not to like all of them. I know Karen writes books around characters who got introduced in earlier books and I can’t wait to see these characters get their own book.
I loved Karen Rose’s writing. With its 695 pages this is quite a big book, but Karen Rose kept my attention and kept me flipping the pages to see what would happen next. And the romance and suspense worked well together.

I’m really looking forward to reading Scream for me. ( )
  KimvA | Aug 21, 2011 |

Karen Roseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446616915, Mass Market Paperback)

COME TO ME

The first victim is found in a snow-covered Philadelphia field. Detective Vito Ciccotelli enlists the aid of archaeologist Sophie Johannsen to determine exactly what lies beneath the frozen ground. Despite years of unearthing things long buried, nothing can prepare Sophie for the matrix of graves dug with chilling precision. The victims buried there haunt her. But the empty graves terrify her-the killer isn't done yet.

SCREAM FOR ME

He is cold and calculating, the master of a twisted game. Even with Vito and Sophie hot on his trail, he will not stop. One more empty grave must be filled, and one last scream must be heard-the scream of an archaeologist who is too close for comfort and too near to resist...

DIE FOR ME

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:39 -0400)

Assigned to investigate a series of brutal killings, homicide detective Vito Ciccotelli is reluctantly paired with archaeologist Sophie Johannsen, who is brought in to provide insight into the killer's use of ancient weaponry and torture devices, but complications arise when Sophie is targeted as the next victim.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,429,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible