Dead Right by Brenda Novak

English (5)  German (1)  All (6)
Suzanne Toren
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Madeline's search for answers to her father's disappearance leads to trouble for both her and her adopted family the Montgomerys. Madeline hires a private detective to uncover the truth that she needs to find out about her father. The answers lead her into danger and give her more than she bargained for. ( )
  Glenajo | May 29, 2011 |
Dead Right is the final installment of the Stillwater Trilogy. The 3rd novel was just as good as the others in the series; Dead Silence (book #1) and Dead Giveaway (book #2). What impressed me the most with all 3 books was the depth of the characters. They are characters that you can really feel for. Madeline and the Montgomery’s are a family that have been though so much. You just want everything to work out and for them to all be happy and finally put the past behind them. I only fault I found with Dead Right was the ending. I thought it was rushed. I was also surprised at how quickly Clay trusted Hunter. Considering how protective he was of his family over the years. I do want to warn any readers that are a little more sensitive. This series of books deals with the act of child abuse and molestation. It does have some graphic details in it. Pedophiles disgust me, but I think all 3 books have more love in them than disgust and hate. Overall I was very impressed with the whole series. I enjoyed every page. ( )
  chrissywest | Jan 9, 2011 |
This was a great read. I took a while to get into the story but once i did i could not put it down. ( )
  krystalsbooks | Jul 14, 2008 |
This is a book in the Stillwater Trilogy.
  DunnFunKat | Sep 12, 2007 |
For Joy, who left this life far too soon. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you--and miss you.
Was his body inside?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778324397, Mass Market Paperback)

The people of Stillwater, Mississippi, are asking questions about murder. Again.

Twenty years ago Madeline Barker's father disappeared. Despite what everyone else thinks, Madeline's convinced her stepfamily had nothing to do with it. But the recent discovery of his car finally proves he didn't just drive away. Worse, the police find something in the trunk that says there's more to this case than murder.

With no other recourse, Madeline decides to hire a private investigator -- even if the cops don’t like it. Even if her family doesn't like it. But when P.I. Hunter Solozano begins to uncover some shocking evidence, someone in Stillwater is determined to put a stop to Madeline's search for the truth. And that means putting a stop to her. Permanently.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:02 -0400)

Twenty years after her father mysteriously vanished, the discovery of his long-lost car and evidence of murder drive Madeline Barker to hire private detective Hunter Solozano to uncover the truth about a case that someone in the town of Stillwater, Mississippi, will do anything to hide forever.… (more)

Brenda Novak is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,056,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible