Runaways, Volume 7: Live Fast by Brian K.…

Runaways, Volume 7: Live Fast (2007)

by Brian K. Vaughan

Series: Runaways (7)

This one picks up right where the last one left off (with a brief stop for the Civil War company event which had our crew run in to the Young Avengers).

Chase is going to a dark place, one that would make his parents proud. Karolina and Xavin deal with being on Earth, and the team has to start getting used to Xavin... and vice versa. A trinket from Nico's parents finds its way into the wrong hands, and we finally find out the fate of the Gibborim. Will it be pleasant? Depends on your perspective.

Another solid storyline here. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Oct 1, 2014 |
I've reached a stopping point with this series. Overall, a good series. I don't like that the art work changes so dramatically over the course of these seven volumes. Maybe it would be less annoying if I hadn't read the volumes (the issues only) or not read them back to back to back. ( )
  lesmel | Apr 19, 2013 |
Summary: After the loss of one of their own, the Runaways must find a way to carry on. Most of them will have their attention diverted by a good ol' fashioned giant unstoppable monster that is ravaging through downtown L.A., but one of them will try to find away to turn back time - even if it means making a deal with powers that they had sworn to fight.

Review: This volume is of a piece with the previous one; focusing on the kids' storylines, their personalities, and their interactions. The characters are great at always, and there's always a bit of snarky dialogue to lighten the mood, although this was overall quite a dark story. I was also really surprised how well it handled a lot of tough issues, and how many solid emotional moments it delivered. It's YA without talking down to kids or sugar-coating its tough parts, which I always really respect. The cliffhanger ending suggests that we might be getting further incursions from the rest of the Marvel Universe, which is less than ideal, but I find these characters and their story interesting enough that I'm willing to stick it out to see. 4 out of 5 stars.

Recommendation: One of the best of the series, in my opinion. ( )
  fyrefly98 | Sep 4, 2010 |
Should... should somebody say some words or whatever?

The Runaways say good-bye to the past, and make hard decisions about their future. Plus: Still reeling from the events of Young Avengers/Runaways, the teenage heroes must now confront a horrific enemy who threatens to tear the team apart. Collects Runaways #19-24.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:43 -0400)

The teenage heroes face a new enemy who threatens to tear them apart.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,135,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible