Too Many Parents by Marcia Chambers Kruchten

Too Many Parents

by Marcia Chambers Kruchten

312,001,085 (3)None

I got this book a long time ago when I was about 13. It's all about a girl whose parents are divorced and she feels she has too many parents. Everywhere she turns she has people telling her what to do and she feels like she needs some sort of outlet. Not to mention that she is now a teenager and is going through a lot of other challenges that come with maturity.

When I read this book, I related to it a lot even though my parents are not divorced. I found a lot of comfort in knowing that I was not the only one who had to deal with parents that had so many rules and responsiblities for their children. I felt like I was always being talked at instead of talked to. It was for some reason relieving to read about someone else going through it.

I would consider using this book for girls to take home and read when they are leaving elementary school and going into middle school or junior high. As I said before, it's not just about parents going through divorces. I dont' think boys would really be able to get into this book though. It's really more of a girl book.
  ksimpson | Dec 2, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0874067766, Mass Market Paperback)

Amy's summer isn't turning out the way she planned. First, she has to move in with her father. Then, when her dad unexpectedly gets married, she becomes a big sister, babysitter, and housekeeper all in one. Amy has too many responsibilities--and maybe too many parents.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:24 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,992,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible