Alive in 5: Raw Gourmet Meals in Five…

Alive in 5: Raw Gourmet Meals in Five Minutes

by Angela Elliott

Using mainstream ingredients and quick-fix instructions, Elliott seeks to show the intrepid new raw food cook how easy it is to incorporate vegan raw food into their everyday life.

So are these 5 minute recipes? Um. Not for me they weren't. I'd say that on average the recipes took me anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to accomplish, and I don't think learning the recipes or improving techniques would help with that. Five minutes is definitely an understatement.

The book is set up with a list of all the ingredients she uses, a suggested weekly meal plan, and then divided into your typical breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts, etc.... categories. It is a convenient size, although you will need something to hold it open for you. It is wonderfully illustrated with gorgeous full-color pictures.
I selected a breakfast, lunch, and dinner to try out since snacks are best kept simple (in my book), and I'm not much of a desserts person.

Breakfast was a smoothie. Overly complicated, time-consuming, and nowhere near filling. I was hungry again by the time I got to work.

Lunch was....a salad. A salad that did not taste nearly as good as my salads I usually make. Plus, I was bothered by the fact that she wanted half of your leafy greens to be iceberg lettuce when spinach and kale are so much healthier for you.

Dinner was a raw avocado "soup," which basically was a bunch of things blended in the blender. You guys. This did not taste like soup. It tasted like a good dip, so that's how I ate it. It totally would score 4 stars as a dip, but as dinner it failed. Really. A lot.

The book is definitely not bad, it is just not my cup of tea. Others might enjoy the tastes and style better than I did, and it is well-organized. Plus others might be less irritated by the fact that the recipes take 10 to 15 minutes rather than 5.

Recommended to vegans with an openness to incredibly simple raw meals being integrated into their diets.

Check out my full review: http://wp.me/pp7vL-Le (Link will be live on April 9, 2012). ( )
  gaialover | Apr 7, 2012 |
Welcome to the world of EASY raw food cuisine!

ALIVE IN 5’s fast and fresh recipes make preparing raw foods more fun and easier than ever. Acclaimed raw chef Angela Elliott’s clear and simple instructions, incredibly innovative recipes, and contagious joy, will inspire you to experience the wonders of raw food dining. Discover tips and short-cuts to help you create meals in about five minutes using just a blender or food processor and easy-to-find ingredients. Enjoy an exquisite medley of flavors, and feel more healthy and alive.

You’ll find that eating raw foods will help you:
• achieve your ideal weight
• feel more satisfied
• become more energized
• look more radiant and vibrant
“The intimate connection between fresh food and health is continuing to be the most influential factor in the minds and hearts of those interested in longevity, spirituality, and rejuvenation. In this context, I regard Angela’s book as an important contribution to this growing movement.”—David Wolfe, The Sunfood Diet Success System and author of Eating for Beauty and Naked Chocolate.

Angela Elliott is a practitioner in holistic modalities including Chinese medicine, herbology, reflexology and intuitive healing among others. She is the owner and operator of Celestial Raw Goddess Enterprises, which promotes her passion for the raw food lifestyle as a life-enhancing philosophy of natural wellness. ( )
  celestialrawgoddess | Mar 21, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,555,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible