Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-Ass Recipes…

Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-Ass Recipes for Hungry Girls Who Want to…

by Rory Freedman

I know a lot of people hate this cookbook because of all the substitute products, but I enjoy vegan meat/dairy substitutes, and every recipe I've tried is SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS!! I've tried over half the recipes, and I plan to make every single one in here. These recipes will NOT help you lose weight though as there is a lot of fat in most of them. Also, they go overboard on the salt sometimes. However, if all you're going for is good taste and natural ingredients, and you're not a gourmet chef, this is a great book.

Some of my favorites -
Macaroni and 4 Cheeses
Dream Bars
Crabby Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
Herbed "Egg" Salad Scoops
Spicy Mixed Nuts
Veggie Enchiladas (includes a from-scratch enchilada sauce recipe - so, so delicious and tastes really authentic)
"Meatloaf" with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Hummus, Tempeh, and Cucumber Wrap

If you'd like some vegan weight loss recipes, try Dr. Barnard's Breaking the Food Seduction or anything by Dr. Fuhrman or Dr. McDougall instead. ( )
  __Lindsey__ | Apr 17, 2013 |
For a cookbook based on a diet plan, I'd expect a nutritional breakdown of some sort for the recipes. Also a lot of the recipes call for substitutes for non-vegan items (dairy, for example), with no workarounds. Why not a quesadilla made with a bean spread of some sort instead of substitute cheese? There's very little inventiveness and creativity in this cookbooks. Personally, I think I'll stick to Isa's books. ( )
  391 | Mar 31, 2011 |
I think this book focuses a little too much on trying to recreate foods to taste like meat or dairy dishes rather than create new and delicious foods. However, the book is rather well done and I love her "bitchiness". ( )
  rockinvegan | Feb 11, 2011 |
I read Skinny Bitch recently, loved it, and have since started eating mostly vegetarian meals. There are some great looking recipes in this little volume, and they cover a wide range of meals, tastes, and possibilities for broadening my horizons. One problem I'm having though, is that some of the specialty ingredients are quite expensive (given my budget, anyway). So for a not-yet-totally-committed vegetarian I'm having trouble making the leap to invest in some key ingredients. ( )
  greenleaf | Jun 20, 2009 |
This book was not for me. I found only a few of the recipes that looked even moderately interesting and I was not
moved enough to try making them. Good this book was from the library. ( )
  kimbal1 | May 3, 2009 |

Quit your bitching-they’ve heard you already! You read Skinny Bitch and it totally rocked your world. Now you want to know, “What can I cook that’s good for me, but doesn’t taste like crap?” Well, lucky for you, the Bitches are on the case. Self-proclaimed pigs, Rory and Kim understand all too well: Life without lasagna isn’t a life worth living; chocolate cake is vital to our survival; and no one can live without mac ‘n cheese-no one. So can you keep to your SB standards and eat like a whale? Shit yeah, bitches. To prove it, Rory and Kim came up with some kick-ass recipes for every craving there is: Bitchin’ Breakfasts PMS (Pissy Mood Snacks) Sassy Soups and Stews Grown-up Appetizers Comfort Cookin’ Hearty Ass Sandwiches Happy Endings (Desserts) And a ton more! They are all so good (and easy to make) you’re gonna freak out. Seriously. What are you waiting for? Get your skinny ass in the kitchen!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:43 -0400)

A vegan cookbook presents over a hundred recipes for everything from breakfast to dessert, including appetizers, snacks, soups, salads, sandwiches, international foods, main courses, and sauces.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,005,030 books! | Top bar: Always visible