The Misfits by James Howe

The Misfits

by James Howe

The Goats by Brock Cole (infiniteletters)
    The Cruisers by Walter Dean Myers (jacqueline065)
    jacqueline065: about friends who form a bond outside the popular cliques

Many laugh out louds, many tears and many many thanks to the author who wrote a story that touches many lives! I loved this book! ( )
  mpettit7974 | Dec 21, 2017 |
I've just started this book and can already tell I will like it, however, I wish I would have read it before "Totally Joe" because now I feel as if I will be totally disappointed because I found "Totally Joe" so amazing.

More to come... ( )
  MeganSchneider | Mar 5, 2017 |
Killer funny, but a little stereotypical and quite a bit obvious. More like a guilty pleasure for an adult who has seen these themes covered more authentically elsewhere. Still, recommended, especially for fans of [a:Jerry Spinelli|12696|Jerry Spinelli|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1201118632p2/12696.jpg]'s lighter works, and fans of [a:Jerry Spinelli|12696|Jerry Spinelli|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1201118632p2/12696.jpg] who are outgrowing his Wayside School stories.

(My copy has this ISBN but is from Aladdin, has the other cover, and has no illustrations.) ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
This is the story about a group of friends who are protective of one another and take on the student council to begin an anti-bullying campaign. This is a great story of adversity and friendship. I would use this story for 5th grade on up. ( )
  breksarah | Apr 24, 2014 |
fabulous book for upper level elementary on bullying and standing out.
  ChelseaBell | Apr 23, 2013 |
Howe's versatility, gift for wordplay, and distinct brand of humor have produced books that create an emotional connection with a wide range of audiences. Regrettably, this novel is a misfit.

So here I am, not a half-hour old as a tie salesman and trying to look like I know what I am doing, which have got to be two of the biggest jokes of all time, when who whould walk into Awkworth & Ames Department Store but Skeezie Tookis.

Sticks and stones

may break our bones,

but names

will break our spirit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:47 -0400)

Four students who do not fit in at their small-town middle school decide to create a third party for the student council elections to represent all students who have ever been called names.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,416,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible