I Just Forgot by Mercer Mayer

I Just Forgot (original 1988; edition 1999)

by Mercer Mayer

Member:kleegriff
Title:I Just Forgot
Authors:Mercer Mayer
Info:Golden (1999), Library Binding

I Just Forgot by Mercer Mayer (1988)

This book is great for emergent readers because it includes a lot of common sight words and the pictures help decode the unknown words. This book would be great for a lesson in a writing workshop. ( )
  Khyli | Mar 28, 2017 |
In this book, Little Critter forgot things during his day. His mom was there to help him when things were forgotten. The book ends with something he will never forget which is reading a story with his mother.

Reflection: This book would be a good book to read when teaching responsibility. It is important to be responsible for our actions and to know the difference in forgetting and being responsible.
  julie.gesinger | Feb 18, 2016 |
33 months - Little Critter is always a hit with O. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
I Just Forgot is a funny story about Little Critter who always forgets what he has to do. He remembers to go to school, but he forgets his lunch. When its raining, he remembers to bring his coat but then forgets to bring his rain boots. This story is a funny picture book for young readers; I remember reading this when I was young. I love the illustrations in this book and the message behind the story. The story shows readers that sometimes, you just forget. Its ok to forget, it happens to everyone and it's part of learning. ( )
  tnelson12 | Oct 15, 2015 |
I thought this book was adorable for a variety of reasons! Throughout the book, the little boy expresses the multiple things he sometimes forgets to do, such as out his toys away or feed his puppy. Being forgetful is something that we all can relate to and it is a message young children should learn as well. They should know that it is ok to forget sometimes because we all make mistakes! We can only be the best that we can be. I loved the ending of the book because it shows that the most important things in life are your family and your love for them no matter what.
The language in this book is simple and easy to understand no matter how old the reader may be, allowing al types of readers the ability to relate to this story. The pictures throughout the book show details, but not too much allowing the readers to focus on the story and the overall message. I also enjoyed how the story begins at the beginning of the day and progresses throughout the day until bedtime. ( )
  lriver5 | Feb 9, 2015 |
Sometimes I remember, and sometimes I just forget.

This is a young reader book that uses a "little critter" that has human qualities. He is someone kids can like and identify as having the same things happen to. The illustrations and text are white background so they can stand out. In this book of the series Little critter is learning lots of new stuff. Just like kids, he is good at remembering some details of what is expected of him but totally forgets other parts. When asked or shown the problems, he just states..... "I Just Forgot"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307119750, Paperback)

Funny, likeable Little Critter is at it again. In this appealing picture book about Mercer Mayer's popular character, Little Critter struggles to remember what he is supposed to do each day. On rainy days he remembers his raincoat but forgets his boots. On school days he gets to school on time but forgets his lunchbox. At home he takes a bath but forgets to use soap. Poor Little Critter! He tries hard but hasn't quite mastered the art of how to get through the day. Every young reader will understand Little Critter's confusion and laugh with him from start to finish.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:46 -0400)

Little Critter tells how he sometimes forgets things.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,835,425 books! | Top bar: Always visible