The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies (First…

The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies (First Time Books(R)) (edition 1988)

by Stan Berenstain, Jan Berenstain

Member:sweetiegherkin
Title:The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies (First Time Books(R))
Authors:Stan Berenstain
Other authors:Jan Berenstain
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1988), Paperback, 32 pages
Collections:Your library, Childhood Favorites
Tags:fiction, children's literature, Berenstain bears, tantrums, parenting

The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies by Stan Berenstain

This Berenstain Bears shows what happens when cubs down with a bad case of the gimmies. Brother and Sister bear want everything in sight when they go to the supermarket with Mama and Papa bear. When they are refused something they both throw horrible tantrums, kicking and screaming. Mama and Papa bear decide that it needs to stop. The cubs need to learn to appreciate the things that they have so they come up with a solution that works for everyone. This would be an excellent book for classroom use! There is a time in everyone's life when they have to realize that they can't get everything they want. Throwing tantrums certainly don't help. Students could get together and brainstorm reasons why and what they should be thankful for what they have. ( )
  brittanyhamann | Dec 3, 2015 |
This is book is about the Berentain Bears family and their adventure at the grocery store. Mama bear has a specific list of things that she needs to buy, but brother and sister bear are trying to buy things that they don't need. This short story teaches readers about difference between a want and a need, and how to not spend your money on things you don't need.
Genre: Fantasy
  KaylaAnn715 | Nov 25, 2015 |
This is the story of how the ever loved Berenstain Bears dealt with Brother and Sister having a case of "The galloping greedy gimmies." It tells of how the children always throw tantrums when they get to a store and beg and plead to get a toy or a treat, causing a scene. Gran and Gramps come to the rescue of Papa and Mama and tell them of how they cured Papa of the galloping greedy gimmies when he was young. I liked this book because it contains the classic bear characters and the expressive pictures. The main message of the book is that we need to be thankful for what we have, and we must not constantly be wanting more. This storyline is something that every child has experienced, so it easily connects with the reader, keeping him or her engaged. ( )
  ehayne1 | May 5, 2015 |
The Bernstein Bears Get the Gimmies is a book about the bear family cubs wanting everything that they see. It starts all with the Papa & Mama giving them more and more items that the cubs wanted. Mama bear is the first to want to put a stop to it, but Papa bear thought was cubs will be cubs. Until the cubs embarrass Papa and Mama at the supermarket, that was enough for them to take action. With Gramps and Gran bears help they came up with a great solution, which Mama, Papa and the cubs could agree with.

I can relative to this book, with my little ones thinking they need everything that they see. Sometime they cry and plead with me to get things that they wanted. My husband and I have a good system that works. First thing we are a team that sticks together. We have five children so we never let them know they out number us. The final thing is communication.

Good class room extension ideas could be talking about manners, how we need to use our words and act in public places. You could also use this book to talk about making choices and decisions for them selves. There are also great new words to explore like outrageous, disgraceful, embarrassing and many more.
  Ligeria | Jan 17, 2011 |

Stan Berenstainprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Berenstain, Janmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Brother and Sister Bear want everything in sight, and they throw tantrums when they don't get what they want. Wisely Mama and Papa deal with this childhood malady by teaching the cubs about the family budget and the importance of appreciating all that they have already.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:58 -0400)

Gran and Gramps come up with a plan to help selfish Brother and Sister Bear get rid of a bad case of the galloping greedy gimmies.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,162,938 books! | Top bar: Always visible