The Return Of Jonah Gray by Heather Cochran

The Return Of Jonah Gray

by Heather Cochran

LOVED this book! I am sorry it's over, and know I will miss the characters. They are like friends. I would love a sequel, but know it would be disappointing. "Always leave the reader wanting more", and that is just what this book does. READ it, and LOVE it!! ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
I picked this up thinking that I would put it down at page 50. I didn't want to put it down. Even when it ended, I was sad to leave this complicated family and woman. Sasha's family is true to life dysfunctional. Not so dysfunctional that reads like a nonfiction memoir, but the dysfunction that most of us can relate to. Family dynamics are complicated. She becomes slightly obsessed with a man that she is auditing for the IRS without ever having met him, but by learning his history through tax returns and harassing phone calls. And I mean obsessed in the nice way, not in a stalky kind of way (well, not completely). Very gentle, but a good read. ( )
  bookwormteri | May 27, 2011 |

Despite being attractive, intelligent and friendly, Sasha Gardner knows no man wants a phone call from her. Because Sasha is— a tax auditor for the IRS.

Every job has its downside. Auditing may interfere with her social life, but it's orderly. It makes sense. And sh's very, very good at it. But when unexpected complaints draw her into the tax return of a man sh's never met, nothing seems to make sense anymore.

Using the information in Jonah Gray's return, Sasha begins to assemble his life story: a rising career as a respected financial reporter, a house in a posh seaside village, weekends sailing the coast—it all reads like a life Sasha herself had dreamed of living, down to the guy's itemized deductions. So why had he left it behind to cover school-board meetings in a one-newspaper town?

What begins as a welcome distraction soon becomes a search for answers. Sasha knows it's ridiculous—sh's never even laid eyes on him—but she wouldn't be the first woman to fall for a man who looks good on paper—.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:21 -0400)

Sasha Gardner, a feared tax auditor, finds her world turned upside-down when she is hired to audit the tax return of Jonah Gray, a man whom she has never seen, but who seems like the perfect eligible bachelor on paper.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,637,110 books! | Top bar: Always visible