Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's by…

Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's (1977)

by Ray Kroc

Other authors: Robert Anderson

146None81,994 (3.31)None

No reviews

Ray Krocprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Anderson, Robertsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Originally published in 1977, Grinding It Out is the personal "rags to riches" story of how Ray Kroc at the age of 52 founded the McDonald's hamburger franchise chain and built it into the "Golden Arches" known in almost every corner of the world. An excerpt from the book.

..I had one close friend who was quite interested in the venture. He had a son-in-law named Ed MacLuckie who was looking for a job and who had expressed a liking for the food service business. Ed was working a wholesale hardware territory over in Michigan at the time and it was not going well. So I talked to him...I hired him as a manager of my first store. Art Bender, the McDonald brothers' manager, came to Des Plaines and helped Ed and me open that store on April 15, 1955. It was a hell of an ordeal, but the experience was to prove invaluable in opening other stores. (pgs. 70-71) I posted about the debut of McDonald's at my blog Tasteful Inventions.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312929870, Mass Market Paperback)

Few entrepreneurs can claim to have actually changed the way we live, but Ray Kroc is one of them. His revolutions in food service automation, franchising, shared national training and advertising have earned him a place beside the men who founded not merely businesses but entire new industries.

But even more interesting than Ray Kroc the business legend is Ray Kroc the man. Not your typical self-made tycoon, Kroc was 52 when he met the McDonald brothers and opened his first franchise.

Now meet Ray Kroc, the man behind the business legend, in his own words. Irrepressible enthusiast, perceptive people-watcher, and born storyteller, he will fascinate and inspire you. You'll never forget Ray Kroc.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:13 -0400)

Few entrepreneurs can claim to have actually changed the way we live, but Kroc is one of them. His revolutions in food service, automation, franchising, shared national training and advertising have earned him a place beside the men who founded entire new industries.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,985,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible