Listening to Your Life: Daily Meditations…

Listening to Your Life: Daily Meditations with Frederick Buechner

by Frederick Buechner

This was a nice find. The book was in the "free" bin at the Senior Center in Bowie, MD. It's a series of 365 daily meditations taken from the writings of Frederick Buechner. I hadn't heard of this living author before. While reading the book I discovered that he has a Facebook page and I "liked" it in order to follow what he is currently doing. I started reading the book on January 1, 2013. It took me a year and forty-three days to complete the book because I stopped my daily reading program for a while during the year. ( )
  MrDickie | Feb 12, 2014 |
About as good a book of daily devotions as I have ever come across. ( )
  bmanderson | May 22, 2008 |
A reading by Buechner a day, keeps the apathy away. One of my favorite authors from seminary years, this is a wonderful collection of some of his best writing (to date). ( )
  bookem | Mar 2, 2007 |
Frederick Buechner articulates the beauty, pain, and irony of life so wonderfully. This book helped one see the mundane, trivial, and routine of life as a source of joy and a gift of nothing but the grace of God...Buechner is an artist, a poet, a musician of words...This is a great book to "sample" his great works and choose which one of them to read next! Buechner helps one to recognize that the sadness and tragedy of life don't have to be ignored or explained away to retain faith in the goodness of God...We have to appreciate the stark and the empty and the need before we can find a fix or a salve. ( )
  LTW | Sep 2, 2006 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:02 -0400)

Daily meditations taken from the works of an acclaimed novelist, essayist, and preacher who has articulated what he sees with a freshness and clarity and energy that hails our stultified imaginations. Three hundred and sixty-six meditations include excerpts from the author's novels and essays that seek to heighten perception of life by exploring, with energy and clarity, the grace and sacredness of the ordinary.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,309,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible