The Parrot Tico Tango by Anna Witte

The Parrot Tico Tango

by Anna Witte

The book the Parrot Tico Tango was very fun to read. Tico Tango thought that everything looked good so he stole a bunch of food from his friends in the forest. Eventually Tico Tango couldn't fit anymore food in his mouth and pop, out came all of the food in his beak. All of his friends than took the fruit that he had stole and cleaned it and chopped it into a big bowl to eat. Tico Tango was sad and wanted to some of the fruit that his friends were eating. Tico Tango wasn't going to get that food back very easily so his friends made him dance as a consequence for stealing there food. Tico Tango than preceded to eat the fruit with all of his friends.

The main message that this book was trying to portray was that it isn't nice to steal things from one another. Tico Tango wasn't a great friend when he was steeling all of his friends fruit but they were nice enough to forgive him and let him eat some fruit as well. This story has great conflict and resolution, which is always a great thing for children to learn at a young age. I think that many children under the age of eight would love this book.
  MariPechacek | Sep 25, 2013 |
This book is about a Parrot who is very selfish. While he is flying, he sees all of the colorful tastey food that his friends have, so he takes it. Then, he finally has so much food that he tries to grab one more piece, and everything comes falling down. His friends then take it all back, and make a fruit salad. He appologises, and asks them if he can have some of the fruit salad. They forgive him, and share.
I thought this was a cute story. It teaches sharing, the pages are colorful. It was beautifuly illustrated.
I would use this story to teach my students about sharing. I would ask them what happened to Tico Tango when he took the fruit from his friends. I would ask them how they thought his friends felt. Then, I would ask them what they would have done if someone took their stuff. I would ask them if they would have shared the fruit salad with Tico Tango. ( )
  TerraO | Mar 27, 2010 |
Para Alex, con quien corría descalza por una playa en el sur de Costa Rica, donde vimos por primera vez a Tico Tango... --A.W.

A cumulative rhyme in which a greedy parrot keeps taking fruit from the other creatures of the rainforest until his beak can hold no more.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,691,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible