God In My Corner: A Spiritual Memoir by…

God In My Corner: A Spiritual Memoir

by George Foreman

Other authors: Ken Abraham

His story of salvation is awesome. However, towards the middle of the book, I felt as if the memoir ended and sermons began. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sermons, but it's not what I was expecting in the book. Therefore, I only read the first half and then decided to stop. ( )
  Kias4 | Sep 17, 2008 |
George Foreman is one of those guys who just do life because "can't" never occurs to them. They do things with their bodies before they mull them over with their minds. Foreman was a thug, and then a boxer. Then he had this over-the-top spiritual vision of Hell and the bleeding Jesus, and has ever since, defying the skeptics, been a different human being. His narrative voice is the same as any other voice: positive, funny, self-depracating, and absolutely practical. Ethics is just the way a person should act. How many of us actually try to live by a principle and succeed? Foreman just does it, even if by simple determination, and that's worth some respect. ( )
  socialtrinity | Jul 6, 2007 |

George Foremanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Abraham, Kensecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Everyone needs a second chance, even if your name is George Foreman.

"My second chance arrived unexpectedly in a Puerto Rican dressing room after a heavyweight boxing match. What happened to me in that room is so incredibly bizarre, it's unlikely you've ever before read anything like it. Simply stated, I died and went to the other side. The experience impacted me so profoundly that three decades later I can't go a single day without thinking about it."

A childhood in grinding poverty. Two heavyweight boxing championships – twenty years apart. A life-changing encounter with God. A new life devoted to ministy. An inspiring comeback and then astounding success as an entrepreneur and trusted product pitchman.

For the first time, George Foreman tells the whole story of his remarkable life. With the frankness, warmth, and humor you expect from Foreman, he shares the faith journey that has shaped his life, offering many life lessons along the way.

What are the secrets to George Foreman's inspiring success? Why is he always smiling? Why did he name all five of his sons George?

There is no one quiet like George Foreman. God in My Corner explains why. More importantly, it will open your eyes to the reality that God is there in your corner, just as He's been there for George all these years.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:48 -0400)

The boxing legend shares an account of how God has built him into a man of faith who is seen worldwide as a positive role model.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,992,068 books! | Top bar: Always visible