No jumping on the bed! by Tedd Arnold

No jumping on the bed! (original 1987; edition 2004)

by Tedd Arnold

Member:rjmoir
Title:No jumping on the bed!
Authors:Tedd Arnold
Info:New York : Dial Books for Young Readers, c2004.
Collections:Review uploaded

No Jumping on the Bed! by Theodore Arnold (1987)

No Jumping On The Bed was a great story to read as I was growing up. It is very informative in a creative way to tell young children what they should not do during bed time. Most children know that they shouldn't jump on the bed but some do not. This book is a good reminder of what kids should not do. I thought it was really funny when the little boy jumped so high on the bed that the bed crashed through the ceiling into other apartments. Kids will enjoy the imaginative quality that the writer has created for a common rule. The illustrations are fun and colorful which adds to the story. ( )
  mblodgett15 | Mar 3, 2016 |
I had mixed feelings about this book after reading it. I liked the book because of the illustrations and the characters. The illustrations were very detailed and they fit with the story very well. The illustrations added drama to the book, which I enjoyed. Another thing I liked was the characters, the Walter, the little boy who jumped on his bed was very believable. Lots of children do this when they are young and they are always told not to by their parents, so the characters seemed realistic. One thing I did not like about this story was the plot. After Walter fell through one ceiling, he kept falling and falling which I felt to get annoying and it needed to be changed up. Another thing I disliked was the ending. After Walter realizes the he dreaming, the story ends with another child falling through the ceiling. I was left with a confusing cliff hanger because I didn't know it was another one of Walter's dreams or not. The main idea about this story was always listen to your parents, which I understand but I didn't seem to like. Just because Walter's parents said to stop jumping on the bed and he didn't listen, he had a nightmare about crashing through ceilings that night. ( )
  oliviaceresi | Feb 22, 2016 |
This was a good book that kind of tell about obedience. It was funny and interesting. ( )
  MicaiahC | Nov 12, 2015 |
52 months - ok ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
No Jumping On The Bed was a great story to read as I was growing up. It is very imaginative and informative to young children of what they should not do during bed time. Most children know that they shouldn't jump on the bed but some do not. This book is a good reminder of what kids should not do. I found it hysterical when the little boy jumps so high on the bed that the bed comes crashing through the ceiling into other apartments. Kids will enjoy the imaginative quality that the writer has created for a common rule. The illustrations are fun and colorful which captures the readers attention. Ultimately I think this is a wonderful book that tells a funny story about an important rule kids should know and understand growing up. ( )
  kabdo1 | Apr 19, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014055839X, Paperback)

Walter lives near the top floor of a tall apartment building, where one night his habit of jumping on his bed leads to a tumultuous fall through floor after floor, collecting occupants all the way down. Reprint. SLJ. PW.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:32 -0400)

Walter lives near the top floor of a tall apartment building, where one night his habit of jumping on his bed leads to a tumultous fall through floor after floor, collecting occupants all the way down.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,393,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible