No jumping on the bed! by Tedd Arnold

No jumping on the bed! (edition 2004)

by Tedd Arnold

7812011,802 (4.1)3
Member:rjmoir
Title:No jumping on the bed!
Authors:Tedd Arnold
Info:New York : Dial Books for Young Readers, c2004.
Collections:Review uploaded

No Jumping on the Bed! by Tedd Arnold

No Jumping On The Bed was a great story to read as I was growing up. It is very imaginative and informative to young children of what they should not do during bed time. Most children know that they shouldn't jump on the bed but some do not. This book is a good reminder of what kids should not do. I found it hysterical when the little boy jumps so high on the bed that the bed comes crashing through the ceiling into other apartments. Kids will enjoy the imaginative quality that the writer has created for a common rule. The illustrations are fun and colorful which captures the readers attention. Ultimately I think this is a wonderful book that tells a funny story about an important rule kids should know and understand growing up. ( )
  kabdo1 | Apr 19, 2015 |
I liked this book for two reasons. First, the language is very descriptive. The text is descriptive enough that I began to draw a picture in my head before I was done reading the page and looked at the illustration. For example, when the author was talking about how Walter was jumping on the bed. Walter’s hair touching the ceiling was described. Therefore, I knew he was jumping high. Second, the story pushed readers to think about life in the shoes of others. Not all children live in apartments or know how it is to not be able to run or jump in your home because if you do you will disturb those who live around you. Walter in the book was not able to jump on his bed because then the others around him would hear, just like her heard Delbert jumping on his bed. The big message of the book is to listen to your parents the first time. Had Walter listened to his father the first time he would not have fallen through the ceiling. ( )
  kmcpha3 | Apr 8, 2015 |
I liked the book “No Jumping on the Bed” by Tedd Arnold. One reason I liked the book was because of the illustrations. Every other page in the book had a full page illustration on it. The illustrations were also very colorful and had a lot going on in each one. They also accurately portrayed what was happening in the story. Another aspect of the story I liked was the characters. The characters were relatable to young children. “If Delbert can jump on his bed, so can I.” At this point in the story Walter is disobeying his dad and jumps on his bed anyways. As a result, he breaks his floor and falls downward into his neighbor’s dining room. He then continues to fall through many people’s apartments. In the end, it ends up all being a dream. “No more jumping on the bed for me.” As soon as Walter says that, Delbert comes crashing through the ceiling because he was jumping on his bed. The big idea of the story is to listen to your parents. When they tell you not to do something, it is usually for your own good. ( )
  amulve2 | Oct 16, 2014 |
In this book, a naughty little boy falls through the floors of his apartment building, interrupting different types of people's evenings. Was it real, or just a dream? A silly book that could pair with the five little monkeys. ( )
  kradish | Jul 30, 2014 |
I love this book for predicting what will happen next. Think alouds are great to use with this book because it helps with comprehension and finding out what the author wants us to find out next.
  KayceBivins | Apr 30, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014055839X, Paperback)

Walter lives near the top floor of a tall apartment building, where one night his habit of jumping on his bed leads to a tumultuous fall through floor after floor, collecting occupants all the way down. Reprint. SLJ. PW.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:32 -0400)

Walter lives near the top floor of a tall apartment building, where one night his habit of jumping on his bed leads to a tumultous fall through floor after floor, collecting occupants all the way down.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,124,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible