This Land Is Your Land by Woody Guthrie

This Land Is Your Land (original 1998; edition 2008)

by Woody Guthrie, Kathy Jakobsen (Illustrator)

Member:kburggraff
Title:This Land Is Your Land
Authors:Woody Guthrie
Other authors:Kathy Jakobsen (Illustrator)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2008), Edition: 10 Anv, Hardcover, 42 pages
Collections:TED 255
Tags:Song book, picture book

This Land Is Your Land by Woody Guthrie (1998)

The texts in this book are the words to the song “This land is your land” by woody Guthrie. The words come to life with the illustrations in this book. I would love to read this book to students because it sends such a great message, that America is a place where everyone should be equal and we should work together to help each other. It would also be interesting to let the students listen to the song to give them a background before reading the book. ( )
  crfonten | Apr 26, 2013 |
This book's text comes from the lyrics of Woody Guthrie's song "This Land Is Your Land." This book is a great way to teach kids the song and it has illustrations to help them visualize the song.
  kburggraff | Dec 10, 2012 |
I love the fact that when reading this book, the children can really visualize the words of the song that many of them already know.
  Crystal.Axelson | Dec 9, 2012 |
Age: Primary
Review:
This book belongs to the poetry genre because it rhymes and conveys feelings and emotions through the text. The lyrics/text make readers feel a sense of belonging.
Media: oil painting ( )
  hwang11 | Mar 23, 2012 |
A wonderful book of America where imagery abounds. Whether you've been there or not Guthrie's song makes you feel like you have. The book also shows the troubled side of America and how we must remember to share what we have. It's a lot of history, easy to follow and whole lot of good all wrapped up in one. ( )
  ReplayGuy | Feb 10, 2012 |
To my kids, Anna and Cole - Grandpa loves you! --Nora Guthrie

To my father, Frank W. J. Love you, Pop! --Kathy Jakobsen
As I was walking that river of highway, I saw above me that endless skyway; I saw below me that golden valley; this land was made for you and me.

This classic ballad is brought to life in a richly illustrated edition for the the whole family to share. Woody Guthrie's powerful lyrics and Kathy Jakobsen's detailed paintings invite readers on a journey across the country, creating an unforgettable portrait of our diverse land and the people who live it. 32 pp with 1 gatefold.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:02 -0400)

This well-known folk song is accompanied by a tribute from folksinger Pete Seeger, the musical notation, and a biographical scrapbook with photographs.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,304,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible